Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meadowbank Ballinaneashagh Cheap Houses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

cbl593h wrote: »
    http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=723636

Can anyone put a figure on how much to finish these ??? I could see people taking them up.

Looks like it's all done, apart from fireplace, kitchen, and floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

Those houses are STARTING at 65 thousand, I bet that is for the terraced house with no side entrance, so the others might be 70. Theres no fire places and no fitted kitchens some houses are missing boilers and some have had random damage to doors walls ceilings. I had a look with a builder and he told me it could take 15, 000 to fit kitchen do repairs fit fireplace tile floors and finish it, so that could take you upto 80-90 thousand, thats before you buy beds tv cooker washing machine spend spend spend, at the end of the day you could be in there in a nice house for 90 odd thousand, but you will be in meadowbank you will statisticly speaking have your house broken into its suppose to be a very bzd area and those houses will be bought by investors so guess what more students more grief, it looks a real good offer but by the time you do the mths its not anywhere near worth it, they should be starting at 50 and then maybe, the houses will all have to be recertified by esb because they have been empty for over a year, thats more ching ching and thats if all electrics are okay.

House prices in waterford are still dropping and theres houses ready to move into in collins avenue for 118, 000. Don't be fooled they need money spent and they are in a very bad neighbourhood, I had lots of friends renting there who moved out because of how bad it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

who built them houses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭Media999

They forgot to mention houses will be burgled forthnightly in the ad.

Not joking, if you are considering a house here then why not consider a house in ballybeg? Your in more or less the same place only youll pay about 30, 000 for one in ballybeg thats been finished well, youd be spending 65 on the terraced house all the others will be 70, s and youll spend 20 getting them ready and your bits and pieces, thats 90 youll get houses finished in better locations for 90

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,100 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

That's not the nicest area to live in to start, the houses being unfinished will also reduce the price.

ryanf1 wrote: »
    That's not the nicest area to live in to start, the houses being unfinished will also reduce the price.

Yeah I was out there with a friend and if you have a good look around youll probably not get too excited, another thing to do is go there at night and stroll around see what you think, theres work to be done and its in a bad area and the remainder of the houses if bought will be by investors which means rentals, students, travellers, doctors nurses taxi drivers, god knows who will be living next door as long as theyre paying rent. I also heard theres no bathrooms in them so theres more costs.

Theres houses much cheaper anyway on the market, theres houses being sold by sherry fitzgerald in ballybeg but I couldnt find them on their site well on daft, I bet they are going for well uder 50, theres also a house for sale in woodlawn grove going for 55, 000

SOLD! All gone, I think there are more to come on the market but this batch are all gone, deposits taken on every house, I believe that there were a lot of investors buying, lets hope for the residents this makes things better for the people of meadowbank, still at 68 there was probably another 15-20,000 to spend in those houses, suppose that depends also on your own standards of finishing but the cost and finishing costs cud take the spend upto 80 odd-90, 000 which isnt the bargain it looks like what with the prices houses are going for now, how and ever lets hope it makes things better for that area.

Advertisement