Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project X Zone

• 06-07-2013 12:52pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted already but I couldn't find one. I played the demo of this yesterday and thought it was fantastic. Picked the game up today. Can't wait to get stuck in later.

Reviews out are fairly mixed, mostly positive though. Also I'm delighted they kept the Japanese voiceovers!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kat Bailey who knows RPGs better than anyone was very negative:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/project-x-zone-review

It sounds like the other 2 games in the series, all flash but with no depth at all and get boring very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Argos have this for €32.99 vs GameStop €49.99 :(

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1279665

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Argos have this for €32.99 vs GameStop €49.99 :(

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=1279665

Why the sad face? Go buy it in Argos...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

35 on the Ninty eStore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Why the sad face? Go buy it in Argos...

I bought it and opened it while in Gamestop so no refund even if I buy one from Argos and try to return it, money wasted that's why the sad face,I only copped the price for Argos earlier today, great game though:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Kat Bailey who knows RPGs better than anyone was very negative:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/project-x-zone-review

It sounds like the other 2 games in the series, all flash but with no depth at all and get boring very quickly.

Is this a series thought it was the first of a new series. :confused:
    Must be the first in the west.
    Heard it felt a bit dated. I have a big 3DS backlog and have a few more to pick up before this might come into view.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,559 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was Namco X Capcom on the PS2 which was japan only but got a fan translation, that's the one I played and boring with a lack of depth sums that one up perfectly.

I might be mistaken about there being one before it, I could swear there was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    There was Namco X Capcom on the PS2 which was japan only but got a fan translation, that's the one I played and boring with a lack of depth sums that one up perfectly.

I might be mistaken about there being one before it, I could swear there was.

I think there was one after that, got released here on PS3 but can't remember the name.

Definitely wary of this, love the fanservice but it seems like you just mash buttons all day to win everything...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

It might be Cross Edge ye're thinking of. It was released on the PS3 but never made it over here. It was supposed to be pretty average.

Hmm could be Cross Edge actually. That was an Idea Factory game so was always going to suck balls :)

Well just got a box of games from my friend in the US and this was in it so I hope I like it although I doubt it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement