Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISSF World Cup - Granada

• 06-07-2013 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck to IRLConor in men's prone for tomorrow! Derek Burnett's having a stormer over there though in men's trap. After four rounds, he's had three clear, only dropping two in his second, with his first two rounds of today clean. Currently in fifth place, one off the lead. Stomping shoot! Hopefully have an Irish finalist today now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Derek into the final in third with 123. :D This is a great showing, really looking forward to seeing that now. Hope he has a hell of a final. 75 straight today!

Edit: 123 Also appears to be the best score he's shot at this level by two full points. A seriously good day for Irish shooting, regardless of how the final goes, but wishing him all the best now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

IRLConor going into Pre Event Training just now (17.30 IST) and is in the third elimination detail tomorrow at 14.00 (IST). I see from the ISSF website that there have been problems with the live results feed from Granada.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Only heard about Conor heading over, today, from a lad on the range. Draw back on not being on FB or other social media. Last to know.

Best of luck to him, and he rest of the lads out there. If anyone can keep scores posted as they get them i'd appreciate it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

fat-tony wrote: »
    IRLConor going into Pre Event Training just now (17.30 IST) and is in the third elimination detail tomorrow at 14.00 (IST). I see from the ISSF website that there have been problems with the live results feed from Granada.

I can barely get phone signal at the range and the rumours of WiFi seem to be just rumours so the live results feed is probably going out by smoke signal!

I missed Derek's shooting today unfortunately since I was prepping for my pre-event training. Great shooting especially considering the wind was pretty hairy.

The heat is the real killer here though. Today I've gone through about 5 litres of water. It's quite a change from shooting in Midlands! :)

IRLConor wrote: »
    I can barely get phone signal at the range and the rumours of WiFi seem to be just rumours so the live results feed is probably going out by smoke signal!
    Pity, but we'll stay tuned in case that changes.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

Best photo I can take. Great performance in the relay.

Unfortunately not good enough. I shot much better today than I did yesterday in training but I missed the cut by 3.3 points which is a fair margin.

I got caught out by the wind a few times but I was happy with most of my shooting. Unfortunately you can't afford any mistakes at this level and I made a few. :( Some of them are pretty obvious here:

261574.png

Ya really want nice legs for this ISSF stuff. :D

You can kinda see the wind's effect. Both in pick ups, and let offs. A few 8's in there. Still good shooting.

Cass wrote: »
    Ya really want nice legs for this ISSF stuff. :D

The jury agreed with you and told me my shorts were too short! They're OK when I'm standing up but too short when I'm lying down. :(
    You can kinda see the wind's effect. Both in pick ups, and let offs. A few 8's in there.

Only one 8! Two 9.0s though. :(
    Still good shooting.

Thanks!

IRLConor wrote: »
    Only one 8! Two 9.0s though. :(
    My bad. It's inward marking, and the other is touching the line.:o

• Advertisement

Good thing you weren't grabbed for doping control! They'd probably still be waiting to get a drop out of you...

Good thing you weren't grabbed for doping control! They'd probably still be waiting to get a drop out of you...

Hah, I was actually grand on that front. Finished the match with water to spare. :)

I stuck a few photos in the photos thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=85435461

There's also a few more in this Flickr set:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/91242583@N03/sets/72157634526897380/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Good grief. Apparently Warren Potent dislocated his shoulder getting into position for the 50m prone elimination, had his coach pop the joint back in, and went on to shoot the match. Now that's oldschool...

Sparks wrote: »
    Good grief. Apparently Warren Potent dislocated his shoulder getting into position for the 50m prone elimination, had his coach pop the joint back in, and went on to shoot the match. Now that's oldschool...

Yup. He said it happens often enough that he knew how to tell his coach how to put it back properly. :eek:

I had seen him rubbing his shoulder during his relay and thought he had tweaked a muscle or something but I didn't think it had been that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Can't imagine him shooting a classic rifle match so.

*bang*
    *pop&relocate*
    *reload*
    *repeat*

:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Sparks wrote: »
    Apparently Warren Potent dislocated his shoulder getting into position for the 50m prone elimination.

That's interesting. My problems usually occur trying to get up from prone position;)

I was chatting to him back in 2010 after he did it for the first time. He said he'd dislocated it first throwing a tennis ball! Since, he's had a series of problems relating back to the same poxy injury. Seems to be like breaking a nose; do it once and it's like glass from there on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

Quick photo of the women's 3P

Advertisement