Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting old Motorola Netopia (2247-62) and new Zyxel D1000 modems wirelessly.

Options
  • 06-07-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

At the moment the only way I have of connecting a Xbox to the internet is to plug it into a laptop and use the laptops wireless connection to connect to a Zyxel D1000 modem (which is connected to the phone-line/internet).

My question is, can I change the settings on my old/spare Motorola Netopia so it can connect wirelessly to the Zyxel D1000 doing away with the need for the laptop.

So is it possible to plug the Motorola Netopia into the Xbox and have it connect to the Zyxel D1000 and if yes, how?

I’ve goggled this and am lost, there is terms like bridging, access points, extenders.

I’d appreciate any help and insight.

Advertisement