Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sim for prepay data roaming

Options
  • 06-07-2013 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Hi All, hope this post is in the right place.

I'm heading to france on the ferry in 3 weeks time and I have an old smartphone (htc desire s) that I want to use as a gps. as google navigation needs data connection, can anyone recommend a good prepay sim for this. ( i dont want to use my existing phone as I'd be afraid of going over my limit because of other apps and incurring hefty charges)

buying one locally when I arrive isnt an option as I'll be landing on a sunday morning and I'll have to start driving immediately.

thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

cheers for that, the €20 sim with 15 free credit looks like the way to go, i can get 2 rounds of 100mb of data for 7 days with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭richiek67

Hi Folks

I'm off to France in a few days and hoping to use the gps on it as a navigation aid but don't want excessive charges. I see the 'lefrenchmobile'
    looks like the way to go but can anyone tell me if they have successfully unlocked an android phone?. I don't know if mine is locked or not. I'd hazzard a guess that it most likely is!! I'd prefer not to have this hassle but if its going to save me a fortune than I'll do it...My phone is a GT-S5580 with android version 2.3.3 on it...
    Thanks in advance

Rich

Advertisement