Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vietnam visa stamp fee

• 06-07-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

I ordered a Vietnamese visa using the visa on arrival system a while back and have received my letter of approval. However, I have been forced to change my travel itinerary which has meant that I need to reapply for a Vietnamese visa. I was just wondering if someone could please tell me if this neans that I will have to pay the stamp fee twice. I'm not certain as in reality, I am only getting one stamp.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭Challo

I don't know. You might have to, as you do need a new stamp for the new dates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Challo wrote: »
    I don't know. You might have to, as you do need a new stamp for the new dates?

Thanks for the reply but it would only be the one stamp I'd be receiving

Yeah but does the stamp have a date on it that you're scheduled to arrive on? If not, then maybe you'll be ok.

I got my visa in advance from embassy in UK but slightly different to yours and there were not options for changing. I guess you have to contact the company you organized it from and see what they say.

I don't pay the stamp fee or get a stamp until I arrive at the airport. In not sure if it has a date or how that works.

Ok, I looked it up on a few sites and it seems that as long as you're arriving after the original planned date, it's fine. BUT the departure date cannot be changed e.g. if you asked for a one month visa to arrive Sept 1 - Oct 1, then you can arrive Sept 15 if you like but you will have to leave by Oct 1 or get a visa extension.

• Advertisement

Thanks. The problem is that I'm arriving a couple of days before. Suppose i have to hope that i just need a new approval letter rather than the stamp fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

poisonated wrote: »
    Thanks. The problem is that I'm arriving a couple of days before. Suppose i have to hope that i just need a new approval letter rather than the stamp fee.
    No you won't youll just pay twice for your approval letter before you arrive and once for stamp fee you arrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

the stamping fee is just something you pay at the airport on arrival. Nothing to do with your visa approval. They don't know if you've got one letter or several.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vietnamvisa

Perhaps you are misunderstanding between visa processing fee and visa stamping fee.
    1. Processing fee:
    Applicant has to pay us full service fee in advance to process the visa approval letter in 2 business days (normal service) or 1 business day (urgent service) and 2 or 4 hours business hours (super urgent service). See table below.
    2. Stamping fee:
    To get your visa stamped at Vietnam airports, you pay directly to Immigration Officers by cash (in USD or VND) at Immigration Desk/ Counter. Visa stamping fee is being decided and revised by the Vietnamese Government and it might be changed without prior notice.
    What you are talking about is visa processing fee. If you change your visa application and re-apply it, you will have to pay it again (normally, it has been regulated in the Terms and conditions of each visa agency)
    Vietnam tourist visa

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nosorrow

The stamping fee is the fee that you need to pay directly for Payment Counter at the airport. I have going to Vietnam several times by using Vietnam visa on arrival, It is a nice service compared to what Irish people had to go through a few years ago before there was a visa on arrival option. The website i usually used http://www.vietnamvisacentre.com, they are perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 IrishCitizen

What is the current stamping fee for a 90-day visa?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nosorrow

The stamping for 90-day single entry is $45 and for multiple entry is $95.

Advertisement