Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone else lost fibre broadband in ennis?

• 06-07-2013 4:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

I have lost fibre bb again and it says ethernet link down in ennis exxchnage. i am using a mobile dongle at the mo and wonder if any others are sufering, twice in a week is not goo sign.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I have, got it installed last Monday, didn't work until Tuesday, then down on Thursday again, then went around 7am on Saturday and not back yet, Vodafone are sending me out a new modem.

Anyone have suggestions of a good fibre modem I could get (cheapish) in a bricks and mortar shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Not sounding good for fibre in Ennis with Vodafone. I'm due my install next Monday, but just passed the 7day cooling off period over the weekend.

Hope VF sort their issues soon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd push it back if I was you, there seems to be people out all over town, but it's just Vodafone by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

clareman when you log on to modem are you checking the ethernet bit, thats what has gone down , the rest ie dsl should say connected. i did a few reboots and the sync went lower so dont do reboots.

you cant get a modem that will work with vf yet and they lock down the bridging facility on the hg568c, i got it bridged after a struggle.

vf fibre not any good if the ethernet link is wonky. i was going to wait as well but I complained and VF cancelled my contract and now i am on one months notice which is bad news as they must know there is a big problem.

its cheap but whats the good if it is so unreliable.

i had mine from 5th june until last wednesday and it was rock solid so to go wrong now is a real worry esprcially if eircoms is fine, that is very suspicious.

Seems to be back up this morning, wonder how long it'll last..........

• Advertisement

By the way, my connection is through VDSL not ethernet

I spoke too soon, down again for the evening :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,340 ✭✭✭✭phog

What's the issue here, the modem, the connection or the profile? Is it only Ennis?

Seems to be the exchanges in Ennis are having an issue with Vodafone customers, there doesn't seem to be any Eircom customers affected. It seems to be different parts of the town and exchanges as well

mine went again at 5.09am, it must be a time thing as mine always goes off in the very early morning. maybe we should specify cabinets and see if there is a link ie a few rogue ones. mine is cabinet 6. drogheda has a similar problem.

eircom ok as usual, interesting.

• Advertisement

back again at 1.09am so lets see this time, how long it lasts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I have no problems with eircom in Ennis other than the internet going down about once a week or so which a reboot of the VDSL router always fixes.

You guys should start a thread in the Talk To Vodafone forum.

Einino is that fibre broadband you have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    Einino is that fibre broadband you have?

Yes with eircom. My stats are posted here elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cotcha

Hey folks, how is the issue with vodafone since?

no it has worked fine so fingers crossed it is sorted.

Speed is the only issue for me now, 2 houses in the same estate as me both are getting over 40 meg connection speeds, I'm getting 24 meg

Advertisement