Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A world without music?

Options
  • 06-07-2013 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Saw this on another forum and it got me thinking.

What would the world be like if there was no such thing as music? Or alternatively was it inevitable that music developed as an art form?

The latter I think may be a possibility. Ultimately what is music to one is noise to another, and vice versa.

Personally I think my life would have been much different if music never came into it, or if I lived at a time when music was in its early stages of development.

I have made so many friends through a shared love for music, and became closer to others through musical conversations, I've been to 38 gigs, 2 major festivals and counting, enjoyed learning guitar and playing for fun, listened to many great albums/songs, the list is endless.

It really is one of life's greatest pleasures, even if you just listen to it for nostalgia.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Cuttlefish

Agree, a world without music for me would be so dull and boring.

Have been to loads of concerts, was at the trip to Tipp in '91. I saw Nirvana in Sir Henrys, Cork, in 1992 4 months before "Nevermind" brought them world fame.

I always have music on even when I am not listening to it, if that makes sense.

Songs bring me back to places and times where I was happy, Summer of '85 in the USA, or sad, Christmas of '89.

Some songs evoke emotions and memories that I would hate to lose.

Think of the Baz Lurhmann song - "Sunscreen", To some it might be cheesy but for most if not all the lyrics do bring back memories

And as the artist Black said on his album - "We are just making memories"

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭new_maniac

I love that Baz Lurhmann song - "Sunscreen" it really does bring back so many good/funny memories for me anyway. I think a world without music would just be sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭SilSil

Actually I can't imagine it! I feel through music, this is the greatest thing ever. When I play the music of Dead Can Dance for example I feel some kind of nirvana, or say it rebirth. It sounds crazy but I think music is everything as it comes to human soul :)

Advertisement