Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding long term accommodation Aix en Provence

Options
  • 07-07-2013 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey everyone,

I've gotten a job as a language assistant in Manosque, France from the end of September-end of April. Gonna live in Aix en Provence though, coz it's near enough and a lot bigger - chances of finding accommodation are better but that doesn't mean it's been easy trying to find somewhere to live! I was in Aix in 2011 but as an Erasmus student so I got to live in on campus accommodation, so I don't know how to go about arranging it this time round. I've been put in touch with other assistants so I have found a girl from Canada to live with, but neither of us have had any luck in apartment hunting.

Our best option at the minute seems to be waiting until we get there the middle of September and searching then, as we can't afford to go over beforehand and go looking! Does anyone know if there are any good websites we should be looking at or what's the best thing to do? I've tried googling every variation for accommodation, but can only find holiday homes or mansions outside the town, whereas ideally we're looking at a reasonable enough 1/2 bedroom apartment as central as possible!

Would love to have it organised before heading over to take the worry off and be able to set up my bank a/c, etc... but doesn't seem like that will happen! Any advice would be great! :) Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

So you're just looking to rent a place in Aix ?

These 3 sites are the most popular. Can you find anything on them ?

www.pap.fr
    http://yahoo.lavieimmo.com
    www.seloger.com

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelly306

Thanks for your reply! I had looked at the last 2 already and couldn't really find anything, but pap.fr looks like there are a few possibilities - at the moment I'm more worried about the fact that I won't be going there for another 2 months so it'll be hard to find somewhere in advance without seeing it..! Thank you for your help!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

pap is a site (and newspaper) for people who want to rent directly without using an agency so the deals should be cheaper but don't usually last very long.

Advertisement