Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stream quality on SportsHub

Options
  • 07-07-2013 10:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭

Hi eircom,

I've been using the sports hub for a few years now, but recently I've been disappointed with the quality of the stream. As you'll see here, its pretty much unwatchable for most sports. The stream quality is too low to handle the screen changing. You end up with 'ghosting' affects after the cars/players and it also seems to drop frames in full screen mode giving it a juddering effect.

Previously we had the options of 300kbps or 800kbps, but these are now gone and the default seems to be 300kbps. On my previous 8 meg connection I was able to stream 1080p NFL games through their gamepass system without a bit of bother. Now I've upgraded to 50 meg fibre, the stream is still stuck in the dark ages of 300-800kb quality.

So my question is, are we going to be stuck watching this quality for another while, or is there any upgrades planned? The sports hub is brilliant, but watching that quality on a 1080 monitor and a 50 mb connection is ridiculous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi counterlock,

I'm sorry to hear the issues you are having.

To report the issues you are having with the sport hub the best advice is to contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) They will be able to troubleshoot to identify the issue and hopefully resolve it.  

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Hi counterlock,

I'm sorry to hear the issues you are having.

To report the issues you are having with the sport hub the best advice is to contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) They will be able to troubleshoot to identify the issue and hopefully resolve it.

Thanks

Tracey

Hi Tracey,

Its not so much an issue with the sports hub, but a limitation/restriction on the quality of it. The stream works fine but its just nigh on impossible to get any enjoyment out of watching compression artifacts pass the ball to one another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

Hmmm .... I sincerely hope eircom TV is going to be better than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi counterlock,

I understand this must be frustrating for you however we don't offer support here from this channel I'm afraid. All issues have to be reported to our technical support team.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Counterlock, according to this thread on the Up to 24 Mb BB package (not efibre) the best available stream rate should be 1500 kbps, on up to 8Mb package, best rate should be 850.

Since efibre is better again, shouldn't the 1500 kbps option be available?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Counterlock, according to this thread on the Up to 24 Mb BB package (not efibre) the best available stream rate should be 1500 kbps, on up to 8Mb package, best rate should be 850.

Since efibre is better again, shouldn't the 1500 kbps option be available?

Thanks for the info. Now that I think of it, the 850 option was there for the Canadian gp, it's only since the fibre upgrade the stream quality options have disappeared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Thanks for the info. Now that I think of it, the 850 option was there for the Canadian gp, it's only since the fibre upgrade the stream quality options have disappeared.
    Hi counterlock

It's really is best to raise this with our technical support team (1890260260option 0), we really wouldn’t be able to offer support on this from here I'm sorry to say.

Al

Advertisement