Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 14 Results

• 07-07-2013 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Rams beat the CPU Vikings 41-6 to move onto 7 wins for the season, one shy of that elusive 8 win achievement.
    Only 3 games left to get it!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts beat the CPU Texans to reach the magical number of 8 wins for the season :), That was the goal for this season before losing Freeney and Wayne to retirement, so to reach it without them is great, had a bit of help playing CPU teams but i beat some very good not so CPU teams along the way to.

Play the texans again so should finish with 9 wins :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cards just beat bears to go 8w- 5L woop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jags 24-42 Jets.

A predictable beatdown was delivered and the scoreline actually flattered the Jags who managed 10 points on offence.

It all started so well when MJD broke off a 75 yard run on the 2nd play of the game, he was heroicly stopped at the 2 but barged over to give the Jags a 7-0 start and put a bit of pressure on the Jets. But this pressure was brushed aside as all day long the Jets found first downs with ease. After the score was tied at 7, Tebow was picked off as he was sacked and the ball fell into the hands of a linebacker, I was gutted. 14-7 and Tebow is sacked for a fumble, I knew it wouldn't be my day. My own ridiculous fumble recovery went for a TD and I got another when I blitzed heavy at the Jets 5 yard line.

Dave was the better player and good value for his win. He won't admit it but I reckon he will jog to his easiest Super Bowl win ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

It was a lot closer than ya say . I was lucky to get out to a 2 score lead , it stopped you using mojo as much . He was a beast all game ..

Happy with Sanchez , my 3 way running back tandem is working quiet well ...

I'm sure we'll meet in play offs ! No Super Bowl is an easy Super Bowl !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers 21 - 13 Lions

Packers finally learned how to gameplan for a TE! 2 of the 3 INTs were for passes intended for Pettigrew (who had a great game despite lots of attention). The last one was a game killing and tense finale ruining one.

Both teams start slowly but the Packers put together a decent drive to get a TD through the air towards the end of the 1st quarter. Lions turn things around and score a field goal and a TD in the second quarter to take a 10-7 lead into half time.

The Packers start the second half extremely well and put together the best drive of the game to go up 14-10 and take most of the 3rd quarter off the clock.

The lions respond with a field goal to make it 14-13.

The Packers then head up the field and once in field goal range begin eating up clock. With the Packers desperate to get a 1st down to drain the clock more they pass and connect to Jennings. The Lions elect to conserve time and give him a free pass to the end zone to make it 21-13

Inside the final 2 minutes and the Lions start on their own 14. A huge sack on 1st down which nearly results in a safety leaves them trying to pass for the win from their own 1. The pass is picked off by Williams who refuses to take a knee because of not knowing the correct button and gets drilled to the ground for his trouble. The pick essentially ends the game with the Packers kneeling twice to let the clock run down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nelbert wrote: »
    The Lions elect to conserve time and give him a free pass to the end zone to make it 21-13

Ha Ha, I certainly didn't let him score deliberately, but once he caught the ball and got the first down I didn't want to tackle him, was only 8 points down at that point so still one score game, if I tackle him only one point down but you'll be able to run out the clock.

Some of the picks were a bit silly to be honest, not much I can do about that, really think something needs to be done on user picks for the next version.

Well done on the win and best of luck in the playoffs. I still have 3 human games so not certain to make the playoffs either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Lost my second cpu game in a row. anything threw into the backfield was picked off.

Need a report from the dolphins pats game...3-6 final score....how the ???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Who won the pats game!

Who won the pats game!

Pats.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Damn!

• Advertisement

Damn!

Was thinking you would say that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Damn!

Dolphin were 31-13 up with about 3 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter until ea decided to act the boll*x! So we restarted the game but with nothing to play for I agreed to start from scratch and pats won 6-3! Two solid defences on both teams! I was very hopeful of winning the first and but sure what can ya do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Carroller wrote: »
    Dolphin were 31-13 up with about 3 minutes to play in the 3rd quarter until ea decided to act the boll*x! So we restarted the game but with nothing to play for I agreed to start from scratch and pats won 6-3! Two solid defences on both teams! I was very hopeful of winning the first and but sure what can ya do..

:eek:.....................................:eek:....................................:eek:

:eek:.....................................:eek:....................................:eek:

I'm sound like that!

Sound as in a cunning plan to get a top team next year?;)

madalig12 wrote: »
    Sound as in a cunning plan to get a top team next year?;)

Wouldn't have lost by just three then :P bit who knows I might have a ps4 and not be able to play :(

Carroller wrote: »
    Wouldn't have lost by just three then :P bit who knows I might have a ps4 and not be able to play :(

Don't you dare turn to the dark side.

Advertisement