Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone please help!

Options
  • 07-07-2013 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭

We have since April tried to get Eircom to connect us to phone and broadband and we are still waiting. Engineers came out in may and said they would return but some digging would be required to connect that house (a new build in 2006 off a private lane) I heard nothing for 2 weeks and when I phoned I got through to the rudest least helpful individual I have ever come across in any customer service area. He informed the reason I hadn't heard anything was that I was responsible for hiring contractors to dig from the nearest manhole to my property. I questioned this and he basically implied I was stupid and wasting his time. I phoned again and got through to a very nice girl and I explained I wasn't happy with the way I had just been spoken to or the information I was given. She took note of my complaint and assured me that Eircom would be taking care of all the connection/digging etc and she wasn't sure where the previous guy I spoke to was coming from. She said my complaint would be processed and someone would call me. She said my date for connection would be the 26th of June 2013.
    No one called and the 26th came and went. I emailed to question why nothing had been done and I got a reply thanking me for my email and telling me the query had now been resolved! 
    I phoned earlier this week and after 4 people passed me round I spoke to someone in complaints who assured me she would find out what is happening. She said my lodging of a complaint about how I was treated was NEVER filed! She did manage to be someone to call me the next day who informed me Wicklow Co Council had to give permission for works to be done (this is a private lane by the way) and that was the delay. 
    No mention of complaint against their customer service guy and no reason given as to why I was told the 26th June as the delivery date.

You are an appalling company to deal with Eircom. You can't get through to anyone who actually can help you. It is a crime that you have the monopoly on phone line installation. The above would simply not be tolerated in the UK or abroad. This is 21st century Ireland and its a simple request to become one of your customers and I live 15 miles from city centre and 1.5miles from a big telephone exchange. The Eircom manhole is 10ft from my gate where the pipe and connection are already set up.
    It surely can't be in your interests to treat customers so poorly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tibolt

Hi David,

Welcome to the crazy of Eircom. From my own experiences with them, I've dealt with some excellent reps. and engineers that go out of their way to help. Unfortunately they also seem to employ quite a lot of pretty useless reps. as well.

One of the  Eircom reps will probably respond to you tomorrow, but I wouldn't hold much hope of getting your problem resolved here -  I hope I'm proved wrong. You might be better continuing to deal with the Complaints Dept.

Eircom actually have a Customer code of practice and a Customer Service Guarantee tucked away on their website. You can find it here: http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=49&E=0000000000068958510&K=7041&Sxi=4&Case=obj(11630)

Eircom should not have a monopoly on land lines. (I'm assuming they still do.)

Incidentally, according to their report Eircom lost 24 thousand phone customers in the first 3 months of this year - no doubt in part because they treat customers so poorly.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

Thanks T. I just can't fathom how bad the communication has been from a company that deals in communication. I now know why they dont have an official Facebook page, they would be inundated with dissatisfied customers. After more than 3 months I have no illusions on anyone competent contacting me with a definite date of installation, but I guess if you say there are competent and intelligent individuals working in eircom there is always hope. I do know if I did my job as badly as some if those I have dealt with I would be in court and then prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi David Jones,

I am very sorry to hear of the bad experience you have had.

Can you please PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

Pm sent. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks, I will look into this and come back to you with an answer.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

I wouldn't want people thinking this was sorted.
    Copy if Pm sent today
    Hi Tracey,

Coincidentally there was an eircom technician at our next door neighbours today dealing with a fault. He still can't believe our job is outstanding. The job number is *******  and my wife tries talking to eircom today with this information, I have given up, and she has been informed our line is apparently active and I am currently being charged line rental???!!!
    I cannot believe how bad this whole process has been, if I did
    my job as inefficiently I would be in court.
    Please can you see if you can speed up this process.
    My wife has been passed around 6 people in the phone already today. It's simply unacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I wouldn't want people thinking this was sorted.
    Copy if Pm sent today
    Hi Tracey,

Coincidentally there was an eircom technician at our next door neighbours today dealing with a fault. He still can't believe our job is outstanding. The job number is *******  and my wife tries talking to eircom today with this information, I have given up, and she has been informed our line is apparently active and I am currently being charged line rental???!!!
    I cannot believe how bad this whole process has been, if I did
    my job as inefficiently I would be in court.
    Please can you see if you can speed up this process.
    My wife has been passed around 6 people in the phone already today. It's simply unacceptable.
    Hi David Jones

I spoke to Tracey and she advised she sent an escalation to our operations department (on the 09/07/13 & the 15/07/13) to try and get an update on the license request pending.

I sent another follow up today.

As far as I have been made aware work needs to be done on both private / public land so we need official written confirmation before proceeding with the work.

As soon as we have a response we will get right onto you.

Mark

Hi Mark,
    Could you clarify who needs to confirm and what? There is no public land involved, the connection is on a private lane and the owner says he has not been contacted by eircom and would phone if he thought it would speed things up. 

Can you clarify if we are actually being currently billed for line rental as we were told on the phone today, I can't recall which of the six incompetents it was who told us that. But billing for a non existent product is surely a new low if true. 

Kind regards

David

Hi Mark,
    Could you clarify who needs to confirm and what? There is no public land involved, the connection is on a private lane and the owner says he has not been contacted by eircom and would phone if he thought it would speed things up. 

Can you clarify if we are actually being currently billed for line rental as we were told on the phone today, I can't recall which of the six incompetents it was who told us that. But billing for a non existent product is surely a new low if true. 

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

That is the brief outline I have been been given to date.

No line rental or service charges are applicable until the line is connected and the account is up and running.

I will keep pushing our operations team and let you know as soon as there is any update.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

I got an update from the operations and they are hopeful they can start the work on the 02/08/13.

I will follow up with you next week to insure everything is on track,

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Thanks for the update Mark.

Thanks for the update Mark.

No problem.

Mark

Up early, didn't sleep much with the excitement that something might be done about phone and broadband today. Not holding my breath. No official contact from anyone.

Up early, didn't sleep much with the excitement that something might be done about phone and broadband today. Not holding my breath. No official contact from anyone.

Hi David,

The operations department advised that they started the cabling work yesterday. They are still working on it today.

So it may be next week before we get a definite appointment date (when we get an update / confirmation).  We will let you know.

Mark

Hi Mark, 
    That sounds a little vague. Nothing has happened outside my house nor at the eircom connection across the lane. I realize its a bank holiday Friday but there has been no visible sign of work here.

It has been 67 working days since my order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

It has been 67 working days since my order.

Hi David Jones

We have been keeping you up to date with details however I have no further update available at this moment in time. I have requested an update from operations and as soon as they get back to me I shall let you know.

Al

Hi Al,

While I appreciate that so far the responses on here have been quicker and appear to be more knowledgeable than those you get when you contact Eircom by phone. An update on nothing doesn't really count as an update. 3 posts up implies cabling work has begun when it hasn't. Both neighbours on my left and right have eircom lines, I can see the eircom manhole from my gate, nothing has been done, that is the only true update.

It looks like the updates you get from "operations" are about as helpful and true as the ones I received from phoning customer services over the last 3 months.

Hi Al,

While I appreciate that so far the responses on here have been quicker and appear to be more knowledgeable than those you get when you contact Eircom by phone. An update on nothing doesn't really count as an update. 3 posts up implies cabling work has begun when it hasn't. Both neighbours on my left and right have eircom lines, I can see the eircom manhole from my gate, nothing has been done, that is the only true update.

It looks like the updates you get from "operations" are about as helpful and true as the ones I received from phoning customer services over the last 3 months.
    Ok David Jones

I understand this is fustrating however we can only offer you information that we have available to us.

Al

68 working days  : update no sign of work being done

• Advertisement

Day 69 : Update:No progress from Eircom.  Have contacted Comreg, Conor Pope, Department of Communications specifically their broadband section and even Joe Duffy. "Switching to Eircom couldn't be easier" adverts on 3 or 4 times this morning. Clearly false advertising. 

Day 70 : Update : No Progress. Another week gone by though. Thanks Eircom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

They've stopped responding to me as well. Surely outright lying to a customer is a crime?

Incidentally, ComReg are up to their ears with complaints in the last 6 months.

Nothing seems to be against the law for a company with an unwarranted monopoly on line installation. I have had nothing but exemplary customer service as a Superquinn and Marks and Spencer customer over the years. Those 282 people who are losing their jobs are more deserving of employment than the 17 (yes 17!) different people I have been passed around on the phone since April. Irish society rewards and tolerates incompetence.

71 working days or Week 17 begins, no doubt more lies and being fobbed off await. 

72 working Days since order. No progress, yet more lies of "I'll get back to you". 

Hi David,

The operations department advised that they started the cabling work yesterday. They are still working on it today.

So it may be next week before we get a definite appointment date (when we get an update / confirmation).  We will let you know.

Mark

This was on the 2nd of August. It's lies clearly, no cabling has taken place and no appointment date has been forthcoming unless you mean the one that came and went on the 26th of June with nothing happening?

DAY 73 : let me guess no one knows anything and there are no updates on my order. You guys should now take the rest of the day off.  

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

This is appalling.

Hi David,

Mark

This was on the 2nd of August. It's lies clearly, no cabling has taken place and no appointment date has been forthcoming unless you mean the one that came and went on the 26th of June with nothing happening?

DAY 73 : let me guess no one knows anything and there are no updates on my order. You guys should now take the rest of the day off.  

Hi David

I totally agree that this has gone on a very long time.

I can assure you I am chasing your order daily and doing my best to find a resolution to this.

THanks

Al

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

Hi David,

Mark

I have to say, it takes real balls to claim you have staff working on someones land when they are able to look out the window and see they are not.

Advertisement