Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone please help!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

<follow>

OP, has any money come out of your account?
    Or have you received a bill?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

My last phone conversation with Eircom resulted in being passed around 8 different people, one of whom informed me I was being charged line rental since April when I placed order. I laughed at them and have since confirmed they were an idiot or having a senior moment and I'm not yet having to pay for a service I'm not getting.

Day 74 : no progess to report. While I don't hold the reps on here personally responsible for this debacle as I said to Al yesterday they are unfortunately on the customer service frontline of a company that has them constantly apologizing for customer policies that are clearly outdated and not working. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Day 74 : no progess to report. While I don't hold the reps on here personally responsible for this debacle as I said to Al yesterday they are unfortunately on the customer service frontline of a company that has them constantly apologizing for customer policies that are clearly outdated and not working. 
    Hi David Jones

I'm doing my very best to get this resolved and as soon as I have good news I will get on to you straight away.

Thanks

Al

Day 75 end of 17 weeks of no progress. Will there be good news today?

• Advertisement

Day 75 end of 17 weeks of no progress. Will there be good news today?
    Hi David Jones

I've no further update. I wish I had but I can only offer the information available to me from operations. I would like to assure you that I would really like to have positive news for you and I'm requesting info on this everyday as you have been enquiring to this every day. As soon as I have more info I will let you know.

Thanks

Al

76 working days since my order, the start of week 18 of a process I no longer wish to be involved in but have no choice due to your landline installation monopoly. Please pass my worst wishes to the inappropriately named "operations" department. 

The act of functioning or operating....they do neither. 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Maybe push ComReg again?

I have response from ComReg which says they will be in touch but are inundated with complaints about Eircom. However that was over a week ago. The regulatory bodies in this country are so inefficient that it lets cowboy corporations away with treating customers like they are nothing. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I have response from ComReg which says they will be in touch but are inundated with complaints about Eircom. However that was over a week ago. The regulatory bodies in this country are so inefficient that it lets cowboy corporations away with treating customers like they are nothing. 
    Hi Dave,

I have a record of your complaint REF: 1084083 . I will send another follow up to see if I can get any further updates just to push it from here as well.

Mark

• Advertisement

Day 77 : no updates, no progress. Will I reach 100 working days with an unfulfilled order? Seems very likely. 

Day 77 : no updates, no progress. Will I reach 100 working days with an unfulfilled order? Seems very likely. 

Hi Dave,

I got in contact with the operations manager and as soon as he gets back to me I will update you straight away.

Mark

Day 78 : I guess the "operations" manager had no update either. 

Now as if to highlight the need for improved inter-department communications in Eircom. A subcontractor has arrived unannounced with a mini-digger, they will put in the piping but the wiring will be Eircom's responsibility. I hope that it won't be a further 78 working days for that. 
    Seriously though could the operations manager not have made you guys aware of this yesterday? 
    That would have been the best update yet.
    It will be interesting to see progress made today. 

Now as if to highlight the need for improved inter-department communications in Eircom. A subcontractor has arrived unannounced with a mini-digger, they will put in the piping but the wiring will be Eircom's responsibility. I hope that it won't be a further 78 working days for that. 
    Seriously though could the operations manager not have made you guys aware of this yesterday? 
    That would have been the best update yet.
    It will be interesting to see progress made today. 
    Hi David Jones

Yes the ducting is done through a contractor. Apologies we did not get confirmation of the call out today to give you advanced notice.

I will get straight back onto operations.

Mark

Day 79 : Update is that I have a manhole put in by sub contractors yesterday. Eircom now are responsible for putting in the wiring etc. I sincerely hope that wont be another 79 days. But a small bit of good news is welcome.

Day 79 : Update is that I have a manhole put in by sub contractors yesterday. Eircom now are responsible for putting in the wiring etc. I sincerely hope that wont be another 79 days. But a small bit of good news is welcome.

Hi Dave,

Operations have confirmed the received the completed works order from the contractors. The order has already been assigned to an eircom engineer today. I will check the order again tomorrow and get back to you to see if there is a definite completion date.

Mark

Day 80 : end of week 18 : A completion date would be very welcome at this stage. 

Day 80 : end of week 18 : A completion date would be very welcome at this stage. 
    Hi David Jones

I have confirmed the technician is due to to call out on Monday. He will do his best to complete the connection on Monday. However we just need to make you aware it may need a follow up call out.

I will get back to you on Monday to follow up.

Mark

81 working days since order. Whilst I await the technician, is there any chance the modem could be dispatched so I can test it as soon as the technician has completed his work? The whole point of this long drawn out process was to get broadband, and I have a record of an online conversation that states if the broadband doesnt work then I dont have to sign up for anything ie a cooling off period. I have Eircom's assurances that I can get 10mb always on broadband, not exactly rocket speed but better than dial up.

In the meantime I will await the technician.

Regards

• Advertisement

81 working days since order. Whilst I await the technician, is there any chance the modem could be dispatched so I can test it as soon as the technician has completed his work? The whole point of this long drawn out process was to get broadband, and I have a record of an online conversation that states if the broadband doesnt work then I dont have to sign up for anything ie a cooling off period. I have Eircom's assurances that I can get 10mb always on broadband, not exactly rocket speed but better than dial up.

In the meantime I will await the technician.

Regards
    Hi David Jones

The line needs to be active before an order for broadband is placed and as soon as the line is installed we'll get back to you regarding this. A broadband order can take a further 5 working days after the line is installed and in this period a modem is sent out to you.

Thanks

Al

82 Days since order.

Yesterday an Eircom engineer called out to connect the house. Murphy's law it was the one day I had to be in work all day, so my dad was there while he worked. For some reason he has left without completing the job, ie I have no master socket, and no dial tone from any of the other sockets that were put in when the house was built. There are clear labels on the wires that are exiting from where the master socket is to go, labelled eircom, phone etc but he wasnt able to understand these and complete the connection.

Later yesterday I get a text from Eircom to say

"Welcome to Eircom - your new phone service has now been connected order******* , thank you"

Could you please check as to what is happening now with this order? The technician rang me in work on his way out but from a blocked number so I couldnt call him back to ask him to explain the problem.  But as I said I am not connected and I am certainly not going to be billed for a service I dont yet have.

A second problem I have, is that I received a voicemail from Eircom customer service yesterday but my phone never rang. This was in relation to a ComReg complaint I lodged, it sounded as if the person was reading from a script and most of what he said couldnt be made out because the reception was terrible. This has happened twice in this process where a voicemail appears without the phone ringing and I presume your CC operatives are putting 5 in my number to go directly to voicemail so they dont have to speak to the customer. I would like a call back please to my number so I can speak to the person please.  I will be emailing ComReg to advise them of this tactic.

Regards

David

82 Days since order.

Yesterday an Eircom engineer called out to connect the house. Murphy's law it was the one day I had to be in work all day, so my dad was there while he worked. For some reason he has left without completing the job, ie I have no master socket, and no dial tone from any of the other sockets that were put in when the house was built. There are clear labels on the wires that are exiting from where the master socket is to go, labelled eircom, phone etc but he wasnt able to understand these and complete the connection.

Later yesterday I get a text from Eircom to say

"Welcome to Eircom - your new phone service has now been connected order******* , thank you"

Could you please check as to what is happening now with this order? The technician rang me in work on his way out but from a blocked number so I couldnt call him back to ask him to explain the problem. But as I said I am not connected and I am certainly not going to be billed for a service I dont yet have.

A second problem I have, is that I received a voicemail from Eircom customer service yesterday but my phone never rang. This was in relation to a ComReg complaint I lodged, it sounded as if the person was reading from a script and most of what he said couldnt be made out because the reception was terrible. This has happened twice in this process where a voicemail appears without the phone ringing and I presume your CC operatives are putting 5 in my number to go directly to voicemail so they dont have to speak to the customer. I would like a call back please to my number so I can speak to the person please. I will be emailing ComReg to advise them of this tactic.

Regards

David

Hi David Jones

I'll look into this for you and get back as soon as I have more information. I would just like to assure you that you will not be charged for a service you don’t currently have.

In regards to the message you received in regards to your complaint the best advice I can offer is to contact eircom complaints if you require to speak to them in relation to this.

I can PM you the complaints departments contact number if you require it.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

I think the only applicable word here is "wow".

Hi Alan, I don't blame you for taking the number down but yes if you could Pm it to me please. If I get passed to more than one person though I am hanging up. 

Day 83.

I received another text last night at 19.45.

"Welcome to eircom. Thank you for choosing us as a your service provider.  Your phone service is now active. We hope you enjoy the benefits of your new service."

Yesterday I received an email

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing eircom as your Broadband provider. We are delighted to confirm your order has been processed and you will receive service within the next 5-10 working days.

What happens next?
    • Your modem will be delivered within 5 working days and it will take between 5-10 working days to activate your Broadband service.
    • We will send you a welcome letter with details of your order, including a welcome booklet that will cover any further questions you may have. "
    [*]

None of the above is actually true at present.

Day 83.

I received another text last night at 19.45.

"Welcome to eircom. Thank you for choosing us as a your service provider.  Your phone service is now active. We hope you enjoy the benefits of your new service."

Yesterday I received an email

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing eircom as your Broadband provider. We are delighted to confirm your order has been processed and you will receive service within the next 5-10 working days.

What happens next?
    • Your modem will be delivered within 5 working days and it will take between 5-10 working days to activate your Broadband service.
    • We will send you a welcome letter with details of your order, including a welcome booklet that will cover any further questions you may have. "

[*]

None of the above is actually true at present.
    [*]

Hi David Jones

The broadband order was issued yesterday - 5106832CH  I Got confirmation the modem will be sent out from eircom tomorrow morning* I will check tomorrow and get back with a reference number)

We will also do or best to connect the broadband service as quickly as possible given the delays in getting the line connected.

Mark

Day 84 Hi Mark : Great news on the modem, only I have no phone line to plug it into when it arrives.

Basically I need your best Engineer / technician with the most up to date knowledge of getting phone and broadband to work in a house that has been pre wired for phone and broadband since 2008 but since broadband is only available now in my area has never been hooked up. I spent a large sum of money, wiring the house for sound, internet etc and it is ready to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Day 84 Hi Mark : Great news on the modem, only I have no phone line to plug it into when it arrives.

Basically I need your best Engineer / technician with the most up to date knowledge of getting phone and broadband to work in a house that has been pre wired for phone and broadband since 2008 but since broadband is only available now in my area has never been hooked up. I spent a large sum of money, wiring the house for sound, internet etc and it is ready to go.
    The technician should certainly be able to do this David but if you should have any further issue just let us know here.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Hi Tony,

Does that mean you are sending me someone else?

Advertisement