Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Someone please help!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

This train wreck of another era should be closed down and control of the infrastructure given back to those who paid for it again and again, the citizens of this country.

In the name of god, if any of you Labour TD's who used to give a damn about state assets being used for the people and not against them are reading this thread will you have the decency to at least attempt to do something about the absolute disgraceful carry on of this company.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭David Jones

106 working days start of week 24. Thursday could be the day, here is hoping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

106 working days start of week 24. Thursday could be the day, here is hoping.

They have got the chemical weapons out of syria faster!

Working day 107. More Eircom adverts on TV this week, promising all sorts of products and speeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Working day 107. More Eircom adverts on TV this week, promising all sorts of products and speeds.
    Hi David Jones

I have been chasing up on your order a number of a times a day. I am doing my best to push it. I will let you know as soon as I have any news.

Mark

• Advertisement

Not holding you responsible Mark, but below implies that Thursday would be the longest it would take this week. I appreciate you staying on the engineer's case about it.

Regards

David
    not looking good...
    Hi David,

The engineer said he needs to physically change the port at the exchange REF: 5284859CH

I have advised him of the whole history and he said it may be the 03/10/13 before the service is up and running. However I said I will get back to him on Monday to see if there is anything he can do to complete the order sooner.

Mark

Not holding you responsible Mark, but below implies that Thursday would be the longest it would take this week. I appreciate you staying on the engineer's case about it.

Regards

David
    not looking good...
    Hi David,

The engineer said he needs to physically change the port at the exchange REF: 5284859CH

I have advised him of the whole history and he said it may be the 03/10/13 before the service is up and running. However I said I will get back to him on Monday to see if there is anything he can do to complete the order sooner.

Mark
    Hi David Jones

I spoke to the engineer and the broadband escalation team. They advised the previous broadband order was completed on the system that left the port showing as active so when the complaints team issued the new broadband order one of the systems was not allowing the port work to complete as it showed an active service on the line.

I have been advised the escalation team have had to cancel the order again, Clear or purge all the information on the systems for your address an then re-issue yet another broadband order. The system port clearing is underway and we should be able to issue an order that will complete properly.

Thanks, Mark

I believe you Mark simply because you couldn't make that up!  Just so we are clear, this is the third order going through?  I sincerely hope issuing another order isn't another 7 - 10 days and doesn't involve me having to ring again, I can't go through the ineptness of your phone staff again, no offence.

PS I don't need a third modem with the new order, I already have 2.

I believe you Mark simply because you couldn't make that up!  Just so we are clear, this is the third order going through?  I sincerely hope issuing another order isn't another 7 - 10 days and doesn't involve me having to ring again, I can't go through the ineptness of your phone staff again, no offence.
    Hi David Jones

I don't want to make any excuses and I just want to keep you posted of the updates as I get them.  I will of course keep on the order and keep you informed.

Mark

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just to clarify, it is just broadband you are looking to get from eircom the national broadband provider?

Just to clarify, it is just broadband you are looking to get from eircom the national broadband provider?

Yep. I know it sounds more complicated but that's pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 deanopride1

Hi David Jones

I spoke to the engineer and the broadband escalation team. They advised the previous broadband order was completed on the system that left the port showing as active so when the complaints team issued the new broadband order one of the systems was not allowing the port work to complete as it showed an active service on the line.

I have been advised the escalation team have had to cancel the order again, Clear or purge all the information on the systems for your address an then re-issue yet another broadband order. The system port clearing is underway and we should be able to issue an order that will complete properly.

Thanks, Mark

This is actually out of control Dave, this is beyond complaints or excuses. So now you must wait for the port clearing to be completed and then re- issued another 7-10 day wait, AGAIN. How has this not been reported to Senior Senior Management, how has this not been escalated. How has this not been prioratised to be fixed by every available engineer etc. How is this case still even open, and Eircom with a new Campaign which they spent a fortune on looking for NEW CUSTOMERS. I can tell by your responses they have destroyed any faith you had left it would be completed,,,,,,,and it still might not work. Can we abolish EIRCOM instead of the Seanad.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

David, calling 1901 is useless 95% of the time. You should contact the complaints department on 1800 200 481. Make sure you get a reference number. Also place a call to 1800 400 000, which is for handling complaints relating to Eircom's customer service guarantee. Get a reference number from them also. Eircom will have 10 days!! to resolve a complaint. You can get more info about the complaints handling procedure from here:
    http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=148&E=0000000000086216196&K=8431&Sxi=3

There's also a good thread about the complaints procedure here:
    http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=189683

I'm not at all surprised you didn't get any of this info from the 1901 people, but I'm very surprised you didn't get this info from anyone on here.

Calling 1901, chances are you'll either get someone who basically doesn't give a crap, or someone who may be pleasant to deal with but doesn't have a clue. You may also get lucky and get someone that's very sound and helpful, but there's still only so much they can do. Your best bet in getting any kind of resolution at this stage is to call complaints directly, even send them a link to this thread.

If you go back to my very first post, I phoned complaints and lodged an official complaint about the manner in which I was spoken to and that I was advised I had to dig my own trench for phone line etc. I received a reference number but nothing was ever done about it. In fact it turned out later in this debacle that the complaint had never been filed. I complained again and received a phone call to my voicemail saying the matter was now resolved! I then got on to COMREG who to be honest aren't a whole lot better than the company they are designed to regulate. I received one phonecall from COMREG to tell me that Eircom would have to be in touch within 10 days regarding the matter but sure they just called my voicemail again and said they were "looking into the matter". Its all a circular mindf**k to get you to stop pointing out to them what they already know, they are the worst company in Ireland to deal with. No using Eddie Jordan on radio and TV is ever going to change that. These guys make NTL look efficient and caring.

At this stage I just want my DSL light to go green and then be able to leave when the 12 months since my original order was placed are up, which is April. No matter who you speak to on the phone in any department, they are unhelpful, unknowledgeable or mostly both. I have stuck to getting information here because to be fair on the Eircom Reps on here they are replying and I realise they are going on information they are getting from other inept departments in the company.

Frankly I don't hold out much hope for a resolution in the near future but I suppose "order misplaced" "port clearing" or "7-10 day waiting period" whatever the next excuse will be will continue to mask the real truth, that something needs to change in this company.

109 days and it could be another 109 who knows? An engineer, an operations department employee, the employee who flicks the switch to turn on your broadband but makes you wait 7-10 days on top of the 109? Your guess is as good as the next customers.

Just bloody tired of this now.

If you go back to my very first post, I phoned complaints and lodged an official complaint about the manner in which I was spoken to and that I was advised I had to dig my own trench for phone line etc. I received a reference number but nothing was ever done about it. In fact it turned out later in this debacle that the complaint had never been filed. I complained again and received a phone call to my voicemail saying the matter was now resolved! I then got on to COMREG who to be honest aren't a whole lot better than the company they are designed to regulate. I received one phonecall from COMREG to tell me that Eircom would have to be in touch within 10 days regarding the matter but sure they just called my voicemail again and said they were "looking into the matter". Its all a circular mindf**k to get you to stop pointing out to them what they already know, they are the worst company in Ireland to deal with. No using Eddie Jordan on radio and TV is ever going to change that. These guys make NTL look efficient and caring.

At this stage I just want my DSL light to go green and then be able to leave when the 12 months since my original order was placed are up, which is April. No matter who you speak to on the phone in any department, they are unhelpful, unknowledgeable or mostly both. I have stuck to getting information here because to be fair on the Eircom Reps on here they are replying and I realise they are going on information they are getting from other inept departments in the company.

Frankly I don't hold out much hope for a resolution in the near future but I suppose "order misplaced" "port clearing" or "7-10 day waiting period" whatever the next excuse will be will continue to mask the real truth, that something needs to change in this company.

109 days and it could be another 109 who knows? An engineer, an operations department employee, the employee who flicks the switch to turn on your broadband but makes you wait 7-10 days on top of the 109? Your guess is as good as the next customers.

Just bloody tired of this now.
    Hi Dave,

I have been advised that all the systems have been cleared. A new broadband order has been issued - 5332754CH   I have been told there should be no issues with this order completing.

I have sent it off to try and get it connected as soon as possible and will be back to you tomorrow.

Mark

Thanks for the update Mark

Hi David Jones

Still following up, I hope to have some further updates soon.

Mark

Hi David Jones

Still following up, I hope to have some further updates soon.

Mark
    Hi David Jones

I have confirmed the broadband should be up and running.

Synced at: 7904kbps
    Provisioned: 160-8192kbps

Can you check this and get back to me.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Whoop

• Advertisement

Thanks for update Mark, I will check it after work. 

Kind regards

Thanks for update Mark, I will check it after work. 

Kind regards
    No worries David.

I will follow up with you on Monday.

Mark

NASA could learn a thing or two from this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Flibbles

THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!

Drum Roll...........................................DSL is green! 110 working days and my 10mb broadband is working! Thanks to all the thread followers and contributors. Thanks to Mark who is by far and away the most helpful member of staff in an otherwise black void of customer service in Eircom. I will post an update monday to confirm its still working. But now I have 6 months of Norton, Windows, Java etc updates to do.

Drum Roll...........................................DSL is green! 110 working days and my 10mb broadband is working! Thanks to all the thread followers and contributors. Thanks to Mark who is by far and away the most helpful member of staff in an otherwise black void of customer service in Eircom. I will post an update monday to confirm its still working. But now I have 6 months of Norton, Windows, Java etc updates to do.

They better be giving you the first twelve months for free!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

They better be giving you the first twelve months for free!
    3 months at the very least!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

They should have the decency to release him from their un-ethical contract immediately and just let him move to a provider of his choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Gasherbraun

Great news for you.........eventually! I am going to miss this thread in a way though ;-)

• Advertisement

Well so far so good. Speed averages about 6mb on what I believe is a 10mb package. Now just need to find out the order details, timeframes, billing, any months free etc. Have Pm'ed for this information.

I hope this thread whilst providing entertainment for some, at least highlights the need for something to change about the way Eircom does business with its customers.  I hope that Comreg and the powers that be look at the line rental monopoly thing and enforce changes that benefit all. Monopolies by their very nature are inefficient and stagnant. Competition is healthy. This thread may also give some hope to those experiencing similar.

Anyway thanks for following.

David

Advertisement