Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

$5000 to get sponsored, wha!

Options
  • 07-07-2013 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Hi, my girlfriend recently got a 6 month contract and she asked about the idea of getting sponsored , the company came back to her stating that it'd cost 5000 dollars, is this true? I find it hard to believe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Yes sounds about right if they are starting from scratch

SBS Approval $420
    Nomination $330
    Visa application for Primary holder $900
    Visa Application charge for Partner $900

Then probably a migration agent fees $2000-$2500 seems to be the going rate since the new changes came in.

also

Plus then the company has to spend 1 or 2 % of its total annual payroll on training Permanent residents.

Employers are now rethinking their hiring strategy, as they have to pay the 457 holder same as permanent resident plus all the above costs as they can no longer pass them on.

Its just cheaper to hire a permanent Resident these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

okay thanks for the info, its a lot of money for sure

tonydude wrote: »

If its a highly skilled job that you couldn't find anyone else to do, then I'm sure an employer would be happy to pay $5000+

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Not really. It's a few weeks wages - but you'll get the Benefit of an extra 4 years in OZ.. where as a couple you can save some serious coin

Not really. It's a few weeks wages - but you'll get the Benefit of an extra 4 years in OZ.. where as a couple you can save some serious coin

true, i'd have to get a de facto visa then, is that easy to get?

• Advertisement

true, i'd have to get a de facto visa then, is that easy to get?

No as above you just get added as a dependent for $900.

Just a matter of getting permission from the employer and filling a form, you could offer to pay for the $900 for the visas but the employer strictly has to pay for all the other costs and they can't ask you to pay for them or recover the costs in any way. New rule 1st July.

so I can be included in her sponsorship ?

so I can be included in her sponsorship ?

Yes as long as you can prove you we're in a defacto relationship for 6 months, joint names on lease etc.

Last month it was $0 extra, this month $900.

Advertisement