Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there anyway of finding out satus of fibre bb in an area??

• 07-07-2013 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

I have no BB since early sat morning and VF say its eircom's end but I have no way of double checking and no one has posted on here with same fault.

In uk you can look at providers website and they give status reports so was wondering is there anything similar here?? very frustrating as I was led to believe fibre was more reliable than the old copper.

using a mobile to post this.

i could be offline for days!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its eircom wholesale, they dont deal with consumers, thats vodafones job. If vodafone wont tell you any more you're SOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

thanks its stilll down, as an aside what is SOL?? the fault by the way is "ethernet link down" and apparently this can be a cabinet or an exchange but there is no apparent rush to fix it.

Sod Out of Luck. Or Sh1t Out of Luck.

If it were an outage the 24hr team would be on it so it could just be your port or the link between you and the cab. As an individual you get the normal 1-3 working days period.

ahh getting clearer, i never had bb break before!! ie about 5 years trouble free so not a clue what timescale is when it does break, 1-3 days could be about right, vf said 2 working days. if it keeps breaking then i am defeinitely SOL as it will cause havoc. and i sold my adsl modem.

going off on a friday is a real bummer, i expect VF have to give credits for lack of service and then bill eircom or pay them less.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 midasman

hey OP, where are you based?

• Advertisement

GBCULLEN wrote: »
    ahh getting clearer, i never had bb break before!! ie about 5 years trouble free so not a clue what timescale is when it does break, 1-3 days could be about right, vf said 2 working days. if it keeps breaking then i am defeinitely SOL as it will cause havoc. and i sold my adsl modem.

going off on a friday is a real bummer, i expect VF have to give credits for lack of service and then bill eircom or pay them less.

ADSL wont work anymore anyways as you'll have been jumpered for VDSL now.

Eircom(retail) will credit you for days with no service in the next bill, I dont know if voda do the same. They wont change anything between them and Eircom(Wholesale), its on a way larger scale than that, one customer down for a couple of days is a drop in the ocean.

Fibre is a new tech for all the crews out there so tbh some teething is to be expected. The price you pay for the tripling+ in speeds.

ennis, from cabinet 67, and yes with hindsight I should have waited but too late now, it was great from 5th June to last Tuesday and to go twice in such a short space of time is a pain. Its still down.

fingers crossed it gets fixed soon for good.

Advertisement