Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag in Limerick

• 07-07-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all

I know there is a thread for Stag parties in Limerick already but its a few years old and wondered if anyone could provide any more up to date information.

We will be a group of about 15-20 guys in late 20's early 30's. We are not staying in Limerick but will be heading in for the main night out. So will probably head in late evening and get some food any then head to 2 or 3 bars followed by a club.

Any ideas for good bars and a club that would suit our age range would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

simplies wrote: »
    Hi all

I know there is a thread for Stag parties in Limerick already but its a few years old and wondered if anyone could provide any more up to date information.

We will be a group of about 15-20 guys in late 20's early 30's. We are not staying in Limerick but will be heading in for the main night out. So will probably head in late evening and get some food any then head to 2 or 3 bars followed by a club.

Any ideas for good bars and a club that would suit our age range would be much appreciated.

Bar wise any one the orchard, nancy blakes, the office and the library should do ye. They are all fairly close in proximity to each other two so ye can always leave one for another if suits.

For nightclub your most likely talking the Icon which is also near the pubs. Upstairs is dance music and downstairs is older and more pop music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 simplies

Thanks Jofspring

I've been to Nancys before its a good spot, probably go there for a while. What about places like Clohessys, Smyths, Flannerys or Mojos that were mentioned on the old thread? Are any of those worth a shot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Thanks Jofspring

I've been to Nancys before its a good spot, probably go there for a while. What about places like Clohessys, Smyths, Flannerys or Mojos that were mentioned on the old thread? Are any of those worth a shot?

Clohesseys is a nice bit away from the rest of the pubs, Mojos is now called the bailey, it's a nice pub but has been quiet recently. Big Flannerys is a good shout actually and its right across from the entrance to the icon. I have seen hens and stags being refused from Smyths so it might not be worth the bother even chancing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Thanks Jofspring

Clohessys is very far away from the "main" pub area of limerick being down by the river. It is also populated by mostly younger people now so may not suit a stag. Flannerys is a nice spot located just across the road from the icon. Mojo's is now The Bailey and I have not been in there enough to give an opinion but I hear that it is a good enough spot nowadays albeit a little quiet. Smyths is just the bar part of the Icon nightclub but a good spot to go before the club if you are going in early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Vertigo100

The club part of the orchard is opening next Thursday from what I hear. Had a section for stags etc as well if you ring ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭310

best of luck getting in to pubs and clubs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 reach4thestars

i've a mate that had a stag organised through a company called fuelled passion they organised the lot so handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

i've a mate that had a stag organised through a company called fuelled passion they organised the lot so handy

No need. Organise it yourselves.

Advertisement