Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut off damaged bicycle lock

Options
  • 07-07-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭

Some little scrote has attempted to steal myself and the mrs bicycle's, while they didn't manage to get them, they left some scratches on the frames and on the u locks, they also seem to have damaged the lock barrel as the key no longer fits.

I need to get the lock cut at this point, so I'm looking for someone in south Dublin who would have the tools to help remove the lock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

go and ask in the car forum. A few of the lads there have bolt cutters. Maybe they might help you out?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

If there U locks, borrow a car jack stick it in the lock and open the jack. It'll pop open fairly handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

ted1 wrote: »
    If there U locks, borrow a car jack stick it in the lock and open the jack. It'll pop open fairly handy.

I'll try this when I get home, although the lock is in an awkward enough place.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

How much or what brand is the lock. You can hacksaw the cheaper ones easily enough. I did have a decent kryptonite one that took a good 5mins with an angle grinder though.

Mini angle grinders have been going cheap enough in the likes of lidl & tesco over the past good few years, someone you know might have one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

If you ask in the nearest garda station, they will generally cut the lock for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement