Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Nightclub in Dublin City?

Options
  • 07-07-2013 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've been away from Dublin for a few years so have lost track of good/bad nightclubs to avoid. Essentially, looking for somewhere with table-service, good bottle menu, buy/reserve table and good general all round attentive service.

Something along the lines of Mahiki or Boujis in London I suppose.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 boucher

Copper Face Jacks, I've heard it described as the Bijou of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

boucher wrote: »
    Copper Face Jacks, I've heard it described as the Bijou of Dublin.

Great help that. Thanks..

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭babaracus

Lauder wrote: »
    Hi,

I've been away from Dublin for a few years so have lost track of good/bad nightclubs to avoid. Essentially, looking for somewhere with table-service, good bottle menu, buy/reserve table and good general all round attentive service.

Something along the lines of Mahiki or Boujis in London I suppose.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Table service?

You're not in London now chief. Get to Coppers or D2 and lose your dignity like the rest of us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 boucher

Thankfully that culture of pretentious **** doesn't exist so much in Dublin.

I presume one of your party is disabled and so would need the drink delivered to the table, in which case, most clubs would oblige.

As long as you are willing to tip generously then every nightclub can provide that service.

Most of the tables are secured to the floor thou, so not much chance of buying a table. IKEA would be your best bet for those kind of tables.

boucher wrote: »
    Thankfully that culture of pretentious **** doesn't exist so much in Dublin.

I presume one of your party is disabled and so would need the drink delivered to the table, in which case, most clubs would oblige.

As long as you are willing to tip generously then every nightclub can provide that service.

Most of the tables are secured to the floor thou, so not much chance of buying a table. IKEA would be your best bet for those kind of tables.

God, you've a serious chip on your shoulder.

Actually, I am trying to bring a small corporate event from London, that will bring a nice boost to local hotels, restaurants and bars, but one of the requirements is a high-class nightclubs for post-drinks entertainment.

You've been a helpful chap, thanks!

• Advertisement

Mr.S wrote: »
    Lilies Bordello (the upstairs bit, not the main club)

Vintage Cocktail Club.

VCC is more of a upmarket cocktail place rather then a club though. Try the hotel bars of the 5* hotels aswel, Marker Hotel rooftop terrance etc etc

Thanks. The Vintage Cocktail Club looks very interesting as does the Marker Hotel Terrace, but closes to early unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

The new bar called The Black Door that has opened up beside the Harcourt Hotel sounds like the type of place you are looking for. They do table service and has a very upmarket vibe going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Start in Harrys on the green (the old Major Tom's)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

You will get table service in:

Vintage cocktail club - Temple Bar
    Krystal - Harcourt Street
    Black Door - Harcourt Street
    Lilies Bordello - Just off Grafton Street
    Madison club on Wicklow street

There are also the members clubs, Odessa in Dame court and the Sycamore Club in Temple bar will do it.

The ice bar in the 4 seasons Ballsbridge and the Dylan bar also in Ballsbridge would also suit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

black door is quickly going downhill

odessa or sycamore would be closest to Mahiki, tho from my visits in there you'll be pleasantly surprised at the reduced prices compared. Never have I felt so cheated by a bar, for those who dont know it, its got the styling inside oh a Hawaiian themed Club M/Leggs with 330ml beers about 10£ and cocktails circa 25£, and not anything spectacular, and you need to pull some strings to get in unless you p1ss gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Why do you say the black door has gone downhill? is it busy there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

boucher, don't post in this thread again. Lauder, if you have a problem with a post, then please use the report function

Advertisement