Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MK7 Golf - 1.4 TSI - Feedback

• 07-07-2013 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I know this has been mentioned here before and I've read every thread I could find on it over the last day or two.

I'm looking at a 132 1.4TSI Highline with Manual box at the moment.

I have a history of high mileage but most recently, its all city mileage with the occasional trip across the country. I'm thinking I'm better off with the 1.4 TSI in comparison to the 1.6 TDI (which are COMPLETELY over hyped in this country - especially by people who don't even own one).

Its a well spec'd car in highline and I'd probably look at the sports pack too. Not sure if the ACC is worth the wait of an order in the manual transmission.

Just wanted to get some feedback on this - anything to take into consideration in terms of engine choice?

What kind of percentage should one be looking to pay in comparison to the list price + extras?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,499 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you think you'd need the ACC if you're mainly doing city driving?
    Is resale value a factor here? €28k before you add extras apart from metallic is relatively big money.
    Fair play on not buying into the diesel hype, just don't lose sight of the fact that a TSI with high spec will lose a lot more money than a boggo spec diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 HomeBuyer

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Do you think you'd need the ACC if you're mainly doing city driving?
    Is resale value a factor here? €28k before you add extras apart from metallic is relatively big money.
    Fair play on not buying into the diesel hype, just don't lose sight of the fact that a TSI with high spec will lose a lot more money than a boggo spec diesel.

The ACC is only 170euro - so my question was really, is it worth waiting on an order for it.

The problem for me is simple - its mainly City driving but job / personal requirements *could* change and require a commute (110KM E/W), this may not happen. Overall I am wondering how bad would the diesel be in this scenario?

I drove a 1.6 2012 TDI and I felt like I was going nowhere!
    On the other hand, no garage has been able to offer me a MK7 1.4 TSI for test drive - I'm working on this at the moment.

In terms of depreciation - its one of those things for me, I've waited for a new Golf for a long, long, long time and its not really a decision that I made overnight. I guess if depreciation is a factor, I shouldn't really be looking at a new car - so, the answer is no.

Advertisement