Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good games for PC

• 07-07-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I am hopefully going to start my youtube channel on mostly PC games and I am wondering what games would be good to play and games that have a good multi player function and a story line or a game that is just there to mess around with so if anyone has any ideas could you please put a reply on this post and I would appreciate it if I got replys thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Don't take this the wrong way, but there are a million "Let's Players" on youtube right now so unless you have a good hook, you are going to get lost in the crowd.

If you are just doing it for your own enjoyment that's cool, but if you are looking for views than you are probably going to be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 roberthatfield

Im not doing it for views im just doing it to have fun while playing games because if I am playing a game I dont usally say anything but if I have a you tube channel up and working I will have something else to do while playing games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

tell us what kind of rig you are running them on and the type of games you like i.e. fps, rts, rpg, sports etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Here's the 'metacritic' list of Top PC games of all time, you can use it as a yardstick, but it's all a matter of opinion.

http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/release-date/available/pc/metascore?view=condensed

Also, I don't know why Out of the Park Baseball is on there, I still think someone is trolling.

You can also Stream via Twitch.tv where people can watch you live.

But as per Kirbys post, there are a million channels of people playing the most popular games or reviewing them.
    Play for the enjoyment,

Wait till the Steam sale next week, look at your friends list, see their 'recommendations' , have a read, do a bit of research.

There have been some great games in the last few years (I assume your PC is powerful enough to handle the latest games on high too, noone wants to see the newest games on 1024x768 @ Low settings.

Depends on genre too

RTS : Company of Heroes , Starcraft 2, Total War (series)
    FPS : Half Life 2 , CS 1.6 , Team Fortress 2 , Battlefield 3, COD (whichever the latest one is), Planetside 2, Deus Ex(s) , Bioshock(s), Portal 2
    MMOBA : League of Legends, DOTA 2 , HON

The list is endless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am saying this to help you out, not because I am asshole. ( I am sort of asshole, but not in this case)

You came in and asking for suggestions for you lets play channel. That alone says me, that it's going to be extremely poor quality. To make high quality and interesting let's plays you will need to do a lot of homework and planing, not just coming on to game forum and ask wrt you want.
    If you just thinking of play something, record it, then drop in on YouTube, then please, just stop here. World does not need more rubbish on internet.

I know you are saying, that you doing it for yourself. If that is true, then do what 99% of us doing it here now: just play video games and enjoy them. Though I have my doubts about what you want to do. This " I am doing it for myself " is more of a "playing it safe if it wount work out" for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

so bloody what if he's making a letsplay video, fair play to him, he's only asking for a few suggestions.

Go with your favorite games, be yourself if you're giving commentary and record loads. Costs nothing to upload, and if your videos are good they will get views. Share them on facebook and steam to get yourself started. Just dont expect your first video to be an instant classic, it takes practice to get what you want done.

If you're brand new to gaming, SeantheMan's link has some awesome games on it.

so bloody what if he's making a letsplay video, fair play to him, he's only asking for a few suggestions.

Go with your favorite games, be yourself if you're giving commentary and record loads. Costs nothing to upload, and if your videos are good they will get views. Share them on facebook and steam to get yourself started. Just dont expect your first video to be an instant classic, it takes practice to get what you want done.

If you're brand new to gaming, SeantheMan's link has some awesome games on it.

Thanks feck the let's play boom is over....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

You sound bitter shadow show us where the letsplayers touched you on the dolly

• Registered Users Posts: 14 roberthatfield

first I dont have a good enough PC to run any games that are any good at all and by the time I get a good enough PC which will be maybe a year from now so I doing my my best to get a list of games I could play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Use metacritic as previously suggested coupled with http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri to check which games your system can handle.

• Advertisement

bizmark wrote: »
    You sound bitter shadow show us where the letsplayers touched you on the dolly

Ah nah, I am sorry if I sound too bitter, but I am sick of "cash in YouTube" let's play shiet. I honestly think let's play is biggest crap to hit YouTube. There are very few interesting retro let's plays, but most of it is a see of shiet. At one point YouTube had a boom of this where everyone did it, even of their channel is not about let's plays at all. Most let's plays are just lazy stuff where people don't put any effort to be educational, interesting, skillful or funny.

To make it worse then you get spam in your inboxes with every little **** pushing his lets play on you, it's like plague! The are where they do first few days of minecraft survival and then hit the content wall, because they need to start actually making content, not just do what game asks you for.
    There are very few good let's play series on YouTube and non of them about modern games.

In no offence to OP, but if he does start hos lets play carrier from this, I can already say it's a bad idea and waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I find some quickplay videos entertaining but to this day it never ceases to amaze me as to how that pewdiepie gob****e managed to get as big as he did. I've only watched a handful of his stuff but it makes me want to rip out my eyes and stuff them into my ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭Wossack

Asmodean wrote: »
    I find some quickplay videos entertaining but to this day it never ceases to amaze me as to how that pewdiepie gob****e managed to get as big as he did. I've only watched a handful of his stuff but it makes me want to rip out my eyes and stuff them into my ears.

Imma jut put this here...

Advertisement