Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

• 13-05-2013 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭

Mr Ring, a regular face on Australia's Channel Seven, said the Irish public could finally expect some rays of sunshine this summer.
    He is recommending people take their summer holidays in Ireland in the first half of July or the second half of August.
    But he is also listing April 16 to April 25, May 12 to May 19 and June 17 to 25 as optimum times for booking a week in the sun in Ireland.

Just a small extract of Mr Ken Rings forcast for 2013. Now in the best time of May 12 to 19, bikini ready and sure i'd get a nice colour this week... purple that is, 8 degrees with hail today,more or less same all week.

Do you genuinely enjoy this weather? 345 votes

I love it, I feel so much more human.
    0% 0 votes
    F***ing hate it, intolerable bollocks.
    100% 345 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

He's talking out of his arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭bacon n eggs

It seems so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

He's sending them to their watery, dull and cloudy with frequent spots of showery graves. The monster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

It seems so.

You're just a Donegal Postman shill :p

ssshhhhhhhhh don't tell a soul.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Good man Ken, we need turf and hay weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Nothing a few decades of the rosary can't sort OP. In your bikini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

In other news, Jean Byrne, the Irish weatherperson, has announced that the Zonda Wind will be particularly severe this year, with risks of avalanche in the Andes notably increased.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Did he give a time?

well if jean says it tis as good as gospel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

well if jean says it tis as good as gospel.

All I read was "well if jean says tits as good as gospel"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Mr Ring, a regular face on Australia's Channel Seven, said the Irish public could finally expect some rays of sunshine this summer.
    He is recommending people take their summer holidays in Ireland in the first half of July or the second half of August.
    But he is also listing April 16 to April 25, May 12 to May 19 and June 17 to 25 as optimum times for booking a week in the sun in Ireland.

Just a small extract of Mr Ken Rings forcast for 2013. Now in the best time of May 12 to 19, bikini ready and sure i'd get a nice colour this week... purple that is, 8 degrees with hail today,more or less same all week.

http://www.independent.ie/weather/weather-guru-ken-ring-says-were-in-for-a-summer-scorcher-28953806.html

He might be right, the weather has been really good so far in June. Hasn't been like that for many years.

But, he also had his Skeptics back in Jan 2013. Who'll end up being right?

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irelands-official-weather-service-dismisses-claims-of-a-long-hot-summer-185521982.html

i always have, i always will

though cold shower easy the pain :)

even as a kid i hated the heat i prefer the cold

how long is it gonna bloody last

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

And I walk around in the Summer time saying 'How about this heat?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

Until September hopefully:)

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

In before the heated arguments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

432,546 seconds +/- 5,600 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Not a huge fan of heat either but I love the sun, and this level of heat is far, far preferable to the last couple of ludicrously cold summers. Just stay in the shade and keep hydrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I hate when irish people whinge and moan about a few days of nice weather. You'd swear we were in the Sahara.

It's Ireland. It pisses rain for most of the year. Everyone's always depressed. We get a few days of sun and people complain.

Just sit tight and enjoy it while it lasts. You can have your drab, grey depressing weather back soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

I love the heat, the more the merrier. I was in Africa, 52 degrees, bloody great. :D

Turn it up, baby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

its way too hot.Im covered in a heat rash and im overheating.I dont like this one bit.I will be having a cold shower soon.Even worse when you are in the centre of a town in a oven of a flat.twice as hot inside.I love rain btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I was just thinking of starting a thread like this!:D I too can't stand it.. Once it passes 20 degrees ill drink 3+ ltrs a day, work more poorly, almost buy shade and sweat in volumes that would make Lee Evans recoil in horror! Ill take -10 any day!

I was just thinking of starting a thread like this!:D I too can't stand it.. Once it passes 20 degrees ill drink 3+ ltrs a day, work more poorly, almost buy shade and sweat in volumes that would make Lee Evans recoil in horror! Ill take -10 any day!

Same here !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

I love it the only thing i hate about the sun is the way some people go on, for example the face on them when they see ye wearing jeans or not fully naked like they think ye should be...also the guilt factor that you have to be seeing going the beach and coming back raw red....**** off!!! Il enjoy the sun my own way ye thick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

But it isn't hot?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

If we were lucky, and had this heat on a constant basis, we would be used to it.

But we don't, so we are not.

But what are you gonna do, lets make hay while the sun shines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭major bill

But it isn't hot?:confused:

+1

Its nice.....the weather we should be getting not the weather that would warrant a hose ban

Until September hopefully:)

I don't like you :mad: lol jk

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I hate when irish people whinge and moan about a few days of nice weather. You'd swear we were in the Sahara.

It's Ireland. It pisses rain for most of the year. Everyone's always depressed. We get a few days of sun and people complain.

Just sit tight and enjoy it while it lasts. You can have your drab, grey depressing weather back soon enough.

im not one of them I love the cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭dmc17

If you hate it that much you should just move to Ireland!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tibolt

Book a holiday - to Iceland or Greenland! I jest.

I love the warm weather. But when it gets really warm, I stay indoors in the coolest room with the windows open!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

viota wrote: »
    its way too hot.Im covered in a heat rash and im overheating.I dont like this one bit.I will be having a cold shower soon.Even worse when you are in the centre of a town in a oven of a flat.twice as hot inside.I love rain btw

Seriously, it's about 22 degrees. You'd swear you're in the middle of the equator.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

I hate the summer, because the sun shines in my window causing glare on my tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Milk was a bad choice.

Same here !

Hop in, Im going to live in the south pole!

• Advertisement

Sitec wrote: »
    Seriously, it's about 22 degrees. You'd swear you're in the middle of the equator.

anything over 12c and im done for

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    I hate the summer, because the sun shines in my window causing glare on my tv.

anti glare my new laptop has it

Hop in, Im going to live in the south pole!

ill pack my bags

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

I hate the heat

Go to Iceland, you will find what you are looking for.

ill pack my bags

You'll have to try penguin steak, its to die for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

I dont know about where you are but I spent the last 2 years in Singapore and its hot enough in Limerick today to make a Singaporean complain.

Plus I am unfortunate enough to have to do physical labour outside today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I like the heat. Humidity is a bitch though.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tibolt

There's only one place to be on a day like this - the beach, with a nice 99 ice cream! yummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't like the heat here in Ireland, you can't go to the beach as there will be a bunch of nut jobs knacker drinking and loads of fat disgusting old crones wearing skimpy gear, give me a beach in turkey any day, that's it I'm packing a bag this instant.:)

I think the Dáil should pass legislation to ban the sun during summer months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I love the Heat. LeBron is the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

6 weeks of this every summer would be nice but that's all. Sunbathing is not something I enjoy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'm surprised the bankers haven't stolen it yet, after all it is big and shiny...

I think the Dáil should pass legislation to ban the sun during summer months.

Sunbathing is not something I enjoy.

Thanks for letting us know. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I dont mind when the weathers nice people seem to be in better form and at least its not fecking raining!!

The issue i have with the weather being really warm in Ireland is that everywhere that can be sat on in the sun is packed and full of twats drinking etc.

I aint gonna lie i love a few beers with me mates in nice weather and have a laugh but ****ing Blessington is like Ibiza at the moment! Teenagers with cans of bud in there jocks everywhere :pac:

That and i have a lot of dark clothes which is no fun in the sun ! :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement