Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

A lot of sunburnt people in Dublin city centre this morning on my way to work.

Do people forget or just think "Ah sure I'll be grand"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ruthloss wrote: »
    I had my Summer Holiday in Donegal two weeks ago., of course it piddled almost all the time!! Life is just so damned unfair.:(

or how about people going abroad for sun holidays, its not the same when its scorchio at home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I can feel some WNB's coming on...... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

ruthloss wrote: »
    I had my Summer Holiday in Donegal two weeks ago., of course it piddled almost all the time!! Life is just so damned unfair.:(
    fryup wrote: »
    or how about people going abroad for sun holidays, its not the same when its scorchio at home

Or how about being a victim of the holocaust?

Enjoy the weather everyone! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Fook. This. HEAT!!!!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

kfallon wrote: »
    I can feel some WNB's coming on...... :D

WNB's :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Shannon was hot yesterday (link).

And more of the same, please.:D

fryup wrote: »
    WNB's :confused:

Wednesday Night Beers!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Often wondered why people go by what met says. Can't they only record the temp exactly where their sensors are?

Because people's own personal reports are often inaccurate, sometimes wildly so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Orange Alert! Orange Alert!
    Met Eireann says there will be no let up in the searing temperatures over the coming days – in fact, it is only going to get hotter.

It is expecting to upgrade its heatwave warning to an Orange Alert for the first time ever today as temperatures in parts of the country top 30 degrees. It issued a Yellow Alert earlier this week.
    And all this on my week off. I usually manage to miss good weather when I take time off.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Give me dark skies and a heavy drizzle any day.

Give me dark skies and a heavy drizzle any day.

Don't think anyone respects your judgement tbh.....I mean you did marry Gail Platt after all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭tmc86

I'm taking the day off on Friday to make the most of it! SCORCHIO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Systemic Risk

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    Like asking is Scientology a big pile of b*llox

Having read many of Tom_Cruise's contributions to AH I might be inclined to think that Scientology could possibly help him :eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

If I didn't have to go out in it, it would be grand. I could stay in and cool to fcuk down. I walk to work and left in plenty of time so that I could stroll along instead of my usual late power walk and I was dripping in sweat by the time I got to work. That was at 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I just avoid the sun as much as possible, get in and out of the heat when I can. Can't wait for october and the last of this ****ing weather./

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

nearly had a heart attack when I got in my car yesterday and the temp read 34C, cooled down once I started driving but was still in the high 20's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

ANYONE complaining about the good weather needs bitch slapped!!!! for goodness sake, last time i remember a spell like this was 1995! if you dont like it, stay in the shade and stfu.

ANYONE complaining about the good weather needs bitch slapped!!!! for goodness sake, last time i remember a spell like this was 1995! if you dont like it, stay in the shade and stfu.

People's bodies are different, I hate the humidity, and that's what we get, sh1tty, sticky hot nights. It annoys me when people complain its "freezing" the rest of the year. Roll on October, best time of the year imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

krudler wrote: »
    People's bodies are different, I hate the humidity, and that's what we get, sh1tty, sticky hot nights. It annoys me when people complain its "freezing" the rest of the year. Roll on October, best time of the year imo.

yeah but its wet and cold 98% of the time so you're well catered for. we rarely get a warm spell. suck it up! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Roll on October, best time of the year imo.

I hate autumn, all them leaves to sweep up endlessly! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

Anyone care to guess where the hottest place in the country will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

[Pretentious "Gap Yah" Voice] When I was in Cambodia exploring the ancient ruins of Angkor Wat it was like 40 degrees you know, it was like so hard to believe people had to experience it like everyday. It's so not that bad here. Until you've simply been thrust into that environment you can't like complain about it. [Pretentious "Gap Yah" Voice]

[Standard Irishman Out Of His Depth Voice] Jaysus lads there was some heat that day, we were melting. I didn't know what sweat was until then. And the lads selling water made a fortune, although how they didn't drink their merchandise I'll never know. [Standard Irishman Out Of His Depth Voice]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I hate when irish people whinge and moan about a few days of nice weather. You'd swear we were in the Sahara.

It's Ireland. It pisses rain for most of the year. Everyone's always depressed. We get a few days of sun and people complain.

Just sit tight and enjoy it while it lasts. You can have your drab, grey depressing weather back soon enough.

I hate when people can't distinguish between two types of people with two opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

It's absolutely ridiculously warm and I'm gonna be delighted when it rains. Not warm rain, proper rain with gale force winds.

This heat is making me feel sick, giving me a headache and just making me want to do nothing but stand in a cold shower until it passes.

Then you have the carrot oil brigade who are out in force "shut up whinging bout the sun", walking around bright red and peeling, and they're absolutely delighted with themselves congratulating each other on their "lovely colour".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I enjoy watching the people who complain about the heat get burned and crisped in the sun, losing half their weight in sweat and gasping for air.

Then why go to holidays in the sun? Sod off to another rainy hole!

Delighted with this heat I hope it lasts for the rest of my holidays ie October :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

how can anyone possible complain about this beautiful weather? go to the beach and enjoy your lives :L

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

dgt wrote: »
    I enjoy watching the people who complain about the heat get burned and crisped in the sun, losing half their weight in sweat and gasping for air.

Delighted with this heat I hope it lasts for the rest of my holidays ie October :cool:
    This plus a gazillion. I dunno how half of them would make it to 18 in somewhere like Rome or Paris. This is NOT hot. It's warm, it's sunny, but mid 20's isn't hot. And we even have a breeze going on. How anyone can be wishing for grey November days is beyond me TBH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    how can anyone possible complain about this beautiful weather? go to the beach and enjoy your lives :L

If work would let me I would :pac:

Being outdoors/ beach/ driving with the windows down/beer garden= sunny weather yay.

In a stuffy office/house/at night when you can't get comfortable= sunny weather booooo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I think it's quite ironic that the whingers who moan literally all year long about our weather have the audacity to get on their high horse when those who dislike heat moan for a few days every few years.

Plenty of people's health suffers in this weather. Remind me not to give a fu*k when the annual "think of those who suffer in this weather" brigade arrive when a few snowflakes fall in winter. Apparently it's only socially acceptable to suffer in the cold. Spare me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

I posted my tip for a cool night's sleep a while ago, it was:

- Fill a hot water bottle with cold water = cool feet all night.

But it was not really working any more since it has been so very warm, so I've started kicking it up a notch - bottle goes in the bloody freezer for 3 hours

:cool:

I think it's quite ironic that the whingers who moan literally all year long about our weather have the audacity to get on their high horse when those who dislike heat moan for a few days every few years.

Plenty of people's health suffers in this weather. Remind me not to give a fu*k when the annual "think of those who suffer in this weather" brigade arrive when a few snowflakes fall in winter. Apparently it's only socially acceptable to suffer in the cold. Spare me.

I have mild arthritis and the cold damp weather makes me hurt, I still prefer that to suffocating humidity though. Just makes me cranky(er)

dgt wrote: »

How do you know they holiday specifically for the sun?

Seriously, there's more people complaining about people complaining about the sun than there are people complaining about the sun!

MarkY91 wrote: »

People with hayfever, or just people who like cool weather.
    Wibbs wrote: »
    This plus a gazillion. I dunno how half of them would make it to 18 in somewhere like Rome or Paris. This is NOT hot.

18 in Rome would feel far cooler than this. :confused: And yes, I've been in Southern Europe in low 20s weather, it's not that warm. Especially as the RH would likely be lower.

If it feels hot to someone, then it's hot to them. We don't get this weather often so a lot of people aren't acclimatised. And the humidity is a huge factor too. And it's approaching 30 degrees today. My cousins who live in New Jersey, where 30 would be regularly hit, consider 30 to be hot.

Not sure why people are having trouble understanding this. :confused:

I'm enjoying this weather personally, but so what if people aren't?

The people complaining about the heat aren't necessarily the same people who complain about the cold/wind/rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

People with hayfever, or just people who like cool weather

18 in Rome would feel far cooler than this. :confused: And yes, I've been in Southern Europe in low 20s weather, it's not that warm. Especially as the RH would likely be lower.

If it feels hot to someone, then it's hot to them. We don't get this weather often so a lot of people aren't acclimatised. And the humidity is a huge factor too.

Not sure why people are having trouble understanding this. :confused:

Because were Irish we have this mentality that nothing good ever happens here EVER :pac:. So a bit of sun for a few days and every ****er has to drown in it and anyone who doesn't enjoy it better shut up cause there ruining it for everyone else!!

Personally i like nice sunny weather but i hate ****ing pure heat no air kinda crap theres nothing worse then not being able to go out walking without being covered in sweat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I don't dislike the heat, I just dislike having to spend all day in a stuffy office in the heat.

I'd be loving it if I were at the beach or by a pool, or even just relaxing at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Is anyone else planning holliers somewhere in Ireland now? I'm hoping the weather sticks with us and I get a week somewhere nice within the country.

Lyaiera wrote: »
    Is anyone else planning holliers somewhere in Ireland now? I'm hoping the weather sticks with us and I get a week somewhere nice within the country.

Maybe if it was cheaper..... Im heading to Manchester for couple of days return flights and hotel for two nights 100 euro.

The amount of people scalded in work is shocking. no that's not "a lovely colour" its skin damage bordering on 1st degree burns, you're not a fecking lobster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I would never go somewhere on holidays for good weather, as I don't sunbathe and I cant deal with the heat.

I would much rather go somewhere with a good spa and spend a few days chilling out that way and not giving myself skin cancer.

The humidity is awful, heat is nowhere near as bad with a breeze.

• Advertisement

I would never go somewhere on holidays for good weather, as I don't sunbathe and I cant deal with the heat.

I would much rather go somewhere with a good spa and spend a few days chilling out that way and not giving myself skin cancer.

The humidity is awful, heat is nowhere near as bad with a breeze.

Ya the humidity is the main issue with me. How anyone can claim to enjoy walking around covered in sweaty clothes and feeling like crap i dunno....

Good weather is great when you can actually enjoy it ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Dfmnoc

I'd often hear people say its a different kind of heat in other country's

For instance if some one goes on holidays to the likes of Spain and its 40 degrees there they would say it was like having 25 degrees in Ireland.

Is there any truth to this or is it were just not use to it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

The humidity is my only issue, but it's better than the weather we got last July.

We Irish should be jumping at opportunity to get a suntan instead of being a bunch of pastey-skinded uglies.

The amount of people scalded in work is shocking. no that's not "a lovely colour" its skin damage bordering on 1st degree burns, you're not a fecking lobster.

Yeah, and it won't look good when it browns either, it'll look like a blotchy mess, and your skin will be slightly more aged than before. Yay! \o/

Can't understand people being delighted with sunburn, it's awful! The pain! And it is indeed a burn. People aren't delighted when they burn themselves off the cooker or whatever. Well sunburn is that on a large scale.
    We Irish should be jumping at opportunity to get a suntan instead of being a bunch of pastey-skinded uglies.

Yeah, c'mon sun, work your magic on my skin cells' DNA, make that shít malfunction. Woo!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

We're just not used to it, absolutely rubbish, up there with it's too cold to snow

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Humidity is a very important factor to consider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I'm boiling in an office with no openable window (there is a window in the corridor opposit my (open) door which is open though.

Sweating since 9 o'clock this morning and I've only been sitting at the desk.

Feel like running out of the place.

I'd love this weather ordinarily, but it's hard to be at work in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Good thing I'm naturally tan skinned - and I hate the heat... what of it ?!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

ah weather thread number 102 ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ah weather thread number 102 ffs

102 Celsius or Fahrenheit?

• Advertisement
Advertisement