Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

As someone who has allergic reactions to this type of heat I complain about heat more than cold. As long as it isnt raining cold is ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Some people have different tolerance to heat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    People should really learn to use deodorant and wash themselves occasionally.

What you gonna do when the water shortages take effect in a couple of days from now!

Ready to share a bath, put a large rock in the cistern of the loo, have reduced ( aka NO ) water pressure at night etc.

Let it rain!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I think an important issue needs to be cleared up.

Was it always called a Twister because I have definite memories of it being called a Tangle Twister.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ooooh a thread about the weather. That's fresh and exciting!

Merged.

Ooooh a thread about the weather. That's fresh and exciting!

Merged.

You're far too nice. I just locked it like the curmudgeonly old so and so I am.

You're far too nice. I just locked it like the curmudgeonly old so and so I am.

Whoopsadaisydoodles!

I am nice, it's true!

It's all this beautiful sunniness that's cheering me right up!

It's too warm to do any actual work goddammit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Talking about the weather.......

http://news.sky.com/story/1113911/china-floods-up-to-40-buried-in-landslide

They stole our rain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Anyone complaining about warm weather in Ireland would want their skulls examined.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I finished my course at 4, hopped in the car and nearly had the hands burnt off me when I touched the steering wheel, never experienced that before, it is a bit too hot, I would prefer it if it was around 20/21 degrees.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Aidric wrote: »
    Anyone complaining about warm weather in Ireland would want their skulls examined.

I know a lot of people who never complain about the wet or the cold. While every other person does.

Why should it not be ok for them to give out about heat if they don't like?

Saying that, feck the people who complain, no matter what the weather is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FrankLamar

It's too hot, never liked it this hot. Why can't it be warm not hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate this weather. My hair is a ball of frizz, my face is all sensitive now and I look like a beetroot coco the clown. I feel grubby and sticky(in a bad way):( and I'm shattered. My skin is itchy and I've got a headache from it. Moan moan moan:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Aidric wrote: »

TBH, the people complaining about people complaining about the sun are making themselves more heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

TBH, the people complaining about people complaining about the sun are making themselves more heard.

Although if you think about it the real culprits are the people who are complaining about the people complaining about the people that are complaining. Oh and don't get me started on the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

Oh my good sweet lord. It wouldn't be too bad if you didn't have to work.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

Although if you think about it the real culprits are the people who are complaining about the people complaining about the people that are complaining. Oh and don't get me started on the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining about the people complaining :mad:

This post has sooooo been done:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=85467140

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its nowhere too hot at all, then again thats coming from someone who spends 4 weeks a year in sunny south of Spain and temps up to an exceeding 40C , heading there again on Friday :P
    First time in a few years it wont be pissing rain as we hit the motorway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I'm sick of seeing 14 year old girls arse cheeks. For gods sake where's the rest of your shorts??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ah I just clicked on view first unread but looks like the threads were merged and brought me to the last one.

*shakes fist at boards in a playful manner

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm sick of seeing 14 year old girls arse cheeks. For gods sake where's the rest of your shorts??

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

The evening is perfect weather, not to hot just rite to relax in. Out the back of the house just listening to music and drinking beer perfect day to relax after a hot days work.

• Advertisement

Is tomorrow promised the same? Any let down? I dont know if I can take another day of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its only supposed to stay the same until Sunday :(. I love it. But then again I'm not working for the summer so all I'm doing is drinking, swimming, barbecues and lying around in the sun. My parents are in the south of France and its not as warm there as it has been in Galway for the last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'm gonna go out on a limb and *suggest* (and be lambasted for it) that a fair portion of people who hate the nice weather and prefer the winter and grey skies are maybe out of shape and embarrassed about their bodies.

Lots of people hate wearing shorts/t-shirts/sleeveless tops and as a result hate the weather that forces them into these clothing situations. I used to be the same when I was a young chap, hated the summer. Got in shape as I got older and now love it.

Sure, lots of people don't like the heat and lots don't like the sun with fair skin, but if you wear the right clothes, this weather is glorious and extremely tolerable, even to Irish people.

I wonder how many people who are 'dying' or 'melting' are wearing winter/spring clothes.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Its only supposed to stay the same until Sunday :(. I love it. But then again I'm not working for the summer so all I'm doing is drinking, swimming, barbecues and lying around in the sun. My parents are in the south of France and its not as warm there as it has been in Galway for the last week.
    No better place to be than in Galway when the sun shines.

Katunga wrote: »

O Connell's beer garden to be precise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Katunga wrote: »

Damn right! Theres a lot of sunburnt eejits walking around though. Sun cream is cheap enough I don't see why it happens to so many people.

Where do you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

MadYaker wrote: »

Youuuuu.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

FrankLamar wrote: »
    Where do you live?

South Dublin! they're everywhere. I saw one girl today who could barely walk she had so much denim rammed up her hole.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and *suggest* (and be lambasted for it) that a fair portion of people who hate the nice weather and prefer the winter and grey skies are maybe out of shape and embarrassed about their bodies.

Lots of people hate wearing shorts/t-shirts/sleeveless tops and as a result hate the weather that forces them into these clothing situations. I used to be the same when I was a young chap, hated the summer. Got in shape as I got older and now love it.

Sure, lots of people don't like the heat and lots don't like the sun with fair skin, but if you wear the right clothes, this weather is glorious and extremely tolerable, even to Irish people.

I wonder how many people who are 'dying' or 'melting' are wearing winter/spring clothes.

Im wearing shorts and thats it! Though you have a point. Im 6'5 and was just under 13st (but come the end of this ill be lucky to be over 12!) im so glad not to have much in the line of... Extra insulation as it were.

Lmao at cuddles:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Looks like rain...:P

Just seen someone in galway with an umbrella walking in the sun to give them shade I assume. Now that's a first in galway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Took the DART down to Greystones today, then walked the cliff path to Bray, which was heaving with people. Whomsoever it was who said "dress for the body you have, not the body you wish you had" ... some people didn't get the memo. :eek:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

Poll is skewed by the way. Most of the miserable gits voting negatively will naturally be indoors, grumbling away on their laptops. Happy potential voters are running around outside, eating ice cream by the gansey load.

:P

• Advertisement

endacl wrote: »
    Poll is skewed by the way. Most of the miserable gits voting negatively will naturally be indoors, grumbling away on their laptops. Happy potential voters are running around outside, eating ice cream by the gansey load.

:P

No all people outside are now dying with skin cancer

FrankLamar wrote: »
    No all people outside are now dying with skin cancer
    And running around eating ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

We Irish should be jumping at opportunity to get a suntan instead of being a bunch of pastey-skinded uglies.
    Speak for yarself there. My pale skin looks grand - and there are no purple veins protruding from it. I'm not gonna try getting a tan, seeing as I... don't tan.

It is hot too. Very warm, hot - what's the difference?

so shannon Airport was officially the hottest place in Ireland this year so far 30c.
    I knew it was very hat at work today,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Savour it lads. History is being made here. In 2028, people will be on boards bitching about yet another washout summer and reminiscing about it being 30c in summer 2013. This is 1995 for a new generation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Agricola wrote: »
    Savour it lads. History is being made here. In 2028, people will be on boards bitching about yet another washout summer and reminiscing about it being 30c in summer 2013. This is 1995 for a new generation!

Ah but 95 lasted for about a month if not more. We'll be back to wind and rain next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Very warm, hot - what's the difference?

5 degrees apparently, 25/6-30 is very warm, 30+ is hot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Has anyone managed to fry eggs on the pavements yet?

Thinking about doing it in the morning.

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Ah but 95 lasted for about a month if not more. We'll be back to wind and rain next week.

Bring on the rain. Except for the non-stop and never-ending rain. I like showers.

Near 60% humanity promised for tomorrow with temp of 28 where I am.

It was 29 today with 42% humanity.

Please god let me die in my sleep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Today the steering wheel was so hot that for several minutes I had to mainly use my knees to keep going in a straight line.

A few times I nearly crashed the bus.

Advertisement