Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Bring on the rain. Except for the non-stop and never-ending rain. I like showers.

Near 60% humanity promised for tomorrow with temp of 28 where I am.

It was 29 today with 42% humanity.

Please god let me die in my sleep.

All that humanity ,everywhere... if only there was a bit of humidity .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Bring on the rain. Except for the non-stop and never-ending rain. I like showers.

Near 60% humanity promised for tomorrow with temp of 28 where I am.

It was 29 today with 42% humanity.

Please god let me die in my sleep.

http://cheezburger.com/1116952832

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

mattjack wrote: »
    All that humanity ,everywhere... if only there was a bit of humidity .

That's so funny. I made a spelling mistake. Cheers for pointing it out and correcting me. Thank you.

That's so funny. I made a spelling mistake. Cheers for pointing it out and correcting me. Thank you.

I tip my sun hat to you.
    To err is humid..... to forgive is divine.

Also from my ivory tower, I see no spelling mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Don't you mean spellcheck fail?

• Advertisement

I tip my sun hat to you.
    To err is humid..... to forgive is divine.

Also from my ivory tower, I see no spelling mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Not very sunny at the moment....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Tazium

^Someone else not sleeping either, too warm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Tazium wrote: »
    ^Someone else not sleeping either, too warm?

Can't sleep :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

I'm working at reception in a hotel with absolutely no air con, we don't even have a fan at the minute. I think I may actually die, it feels like it's 40 degrees in here every day. I love sunshine and all that carry on, but this is taking the piss.

I'm working the night shift tonight, not a chance of me sleeping later on during the day! Rabble rabble rabble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Yay, bring on another day of sun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Its absolutely great to be waking up and not be so cold that you want go back to bed.

What a beautiful day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Home from work now. Too warm to sleep. Bleh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

no. it's fúcking well not. you moan when it's raining. you moan when it's cold. now, you moan when it's hot.

stop fúcking moaning.

anyone else had this experience with some people this week?

what else do people moan about that grinds your gears?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Liamario

It's too hot when you have small children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

SlickRic wrote: »
    no. it's fúcking well not. you moan when it's raining. you moan when it's cold. now, you moan when it's hot.

stop fúcking moaning.

I Never moan when it's raining or cold, I don't like heat at all. This is pure torture!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Liamario wrote: »
    It's too hot when you have small children.

sell them and go on an arctic cruise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I was loving the summer up until this week. I was covered in factor 50 from head to toe on Monday and still got burned in the 30 minutes I was outside eating my lunch. I had to wear a cardigan to lunch the last couple of days to keep the sun off my already burned skin and I felt like I was literally about to start melting.

It's too hot, the sun is too intense. If this were to keep up for a few weeks I'm sure I'd get used to it, but it probably won't so for now it's too f**king hot.

I work with some guys from Brazil, Spain and some south eastern European countries and all of them are saying it's too hot the last couple of days. Some of them are used to getting summers up in the 40's. It's the humidity that makes it hard to bear.

If you enjoy it then that's great, well done to you. But screw you if you think everybody else should feel the same. It's not like people complaining about it are going to make it go away any quicker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

**NEWSFLASH** **NEWSFLASH**

a cloud has been seen on the west coast:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭MusicalMelody

I feel like i need to moan about how hot it is because i am dying in the heat....... but then i stop myself cause i feel too guilty about moaning about finally getting some good weather :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Oh dear god KILL MEEE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You know what else annoys me about this weather? People walking round with nothing on. Apart from anything else, they're gonna get sunburnt. More importantly, put a ****ing t shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

cloud493 wrote: »
    You know what else annoys me about this weather? People walking round with nothing on. Apart from anything else, they're gonna get sunburnt. More importantly, put a ****ing t shirt.

Unless their hot(not burnt hot) but hot/fit.....:pac:

If there in bits :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I feel like i need to moan about how hot it is because i am dying in the heat....... but then i stop myself cause i feel too guilty about moaning about finally getting some good weather :/

No such thing as good weather, it's just weather.

Anyways, soon be time for farmers to tell us that the lack of rain will mean price increases because of crops withering.

Bring back the normality, a bit of this, a bit of that, type of weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

How hot is it today? Quite cool where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

How hot is it today? Quite cool where I am.

29c in Shannon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

The only downside to this heat is...its too hot to fock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    The only downside to this heat is...its too hot to fock.

Its never too hot for that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Are people still moaning about the heat? High 20's is warm not hot, hot is 40 degrees, Suck it up ya bunch of wimps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Fecking hating this weather. I walked to and from the shopping centre, all in all about 30 mins tops. I was drenched in sweat. Felt mortified in the newsagents, my hair was so wet I looked like I just stepped out of the shower. Am shattered with the lack of sleep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I'm sick of seeing 14 year old girls arse cheeks. For gods sake where's the rest of your shorts??
    I'd say the 14 year old boys are loving it though :pac:
    Saw a woman today whose back and shoulders looked like brown leather :( not a good look.
    Also a man wearing shorts that ended a few inches above his ankles. I wanted to go up to him and say 'those aren't shorts, they are badly fitting trousers' :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Fecking hating this weather. I walked to and from the shopping centre, all in all about 30 mins tops. I was drenched in sweat. Felt mortified in the newsagents, my hair was so wet I looked like I just stepped out of the shower. Am shattered with the lack of sleep too.

No need to feel mortified, we're all in this sweaty steaming mess together :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Very pleasant 22-23C here today. No complaints at all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Spare a thought for those in Kuwait City.

47C there at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pensivepuca

Had a driving lesson today and even with all the windows down I was melting :(. Watching tv and 'frozen planet' comes on. Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

Guess the reason most people are hating the heat is because....wait for it.... Ireland is not prepared for weather like this. Or snow for that matter. But the snow raises more difficulties.

We are a temperate climate country meaning the differences in our seasons should be relatively minor but now and again there is a large swing.

So basically we're not prepared for this kind of climate swing as we are experiencing. People in hotter climates have systems in place whereby they deal with this... Spanish siestas et al.

Think of this..people in some parts of Brazil have 3-4 showers per day to stave off the sweat odour. Max and normal temperature in Recife, Northern Brazil is 22-30degrees celsius during high summer. (What we hit this week) When I was there it was perfectly okay to disappear for a shower. We can't do that in Ireland...we don't have that liberty to head off for a shower at any minute without receiving odd looks.

So, we don't have adequate air conditioning in cars, shops etc. (We don't need it) We don't have a siesta.(Don't need it) We don't have the option to run off for a shower. It's not our culture. So we have some glorious sunshine for a week or two max...so what? The rest is pretty mild. Just cloudy, grey, rainy and the odd thunderstorm.

Enjoy it and stop moaning. Have a shower, take off your top(inside your home) have a feckin' ice cream but remember...if it's taxing on you, it's because you're not used to it and to be honest I'd prefer our usual climate than the overwhelming heat of other locations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

22C According to my iphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

I heard on the radio yesterday that Ken Ring got it right after all :rolleyes:
    We will disregard all the times he got the weather wrong :D Pot luck has worked for him this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

The weather is only bad when your in your house as the warm tends to get trapped

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Sam Kade wrote: »
    I heard on the radio yesterday that Ken Ring got it right after all :rolleyes:
    We will disregard all the times he got the weather wrong :D Pot luck has worked for him this time.

And even worse - all the times he got earthquake predictions wrong and scared the crap out of the poor people living in Christchurch. Not sure I'll be so quick to overlook that!

The weather is pleasant if you can sit in the garden and do nothing, it's when you have to go anywhere/do anything that it becomes tough. I was lugging my 3 week old baby around doing a few things today and I just could not keep him cool enough, especially in the car. 'twas a bit stressful!

Sitting in a room with a fan on and blinds cold trying to cool him down now.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭viota

i have aquired a fan so sitting in my flat ,starkers is bearable now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

do any of the shops (dunnes, tescos etc) sell these caps with neck flaps??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Has anyone else noticed a serious decline in the number of young hipsters this last few days? Those skinny jeans and wooly hats would be like devices of torture in this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

fryup wrote: »
    do any of the shops (dunnes, tescos etc) sell these caps with neck flaps??

Have you got an abnormally small head? If so, Tesco have ones for babies :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Wolfruin

I have to wonder with all the "people" with the fake tans, how theyre going to react when they have real tans :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

From people I know who have emirgrated to Australia, a few has said that it doesn't rain much over there but when it does it rains very heavy and they are sent off home. They work in construction so mainly outdoors so maybe other work sectors are differant, I don't know. Many times here at home in Ireland they experienced such rain and they are not sent home.

On an episode of grand designs abroad and in Spain it said August is the hottest month and in August people don't work.

We had a few weeks of nice warm weather a few weeks back in May and temperatures came up to the mid 20s. It was hot but nice and I liked it. We then went back to wet, cooler weather. Overnight we went from 13/14/15 degrees to the 28/29/30 degrees. This is not normal weather for Ireland and is too hot for Ireland.

It wouldn't be too bad if you didn't have to work and continue as normal in it. I can't understand how the country isn't gone into shut down for a week until it goes to fcuk away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

SlickRic wrote: »
    Who's the "you"? It's probably not the same people complaining about those different weather conditions. It is too hot for some people if they find it too hot.

Mostly just encountering people moaning about people moaning about the heat (moreso than people moaning about the heat).
    Spook_ie wrote: »
    No such thing as good weather.
    There is of course. Just because it's subjective (not that much really) doesn't mean the concept doesn't exist.

Wolfruin wrote: »
    I have to wonder with all the "people" with the fake tans, how theyre going to react when they have real tans :confused:

Id say most of them wouldnt sit in the real sun, because it would melt and streak the fake stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

Love the sun, but not these days. Have to wear a suit, in the office 8:30am - 7/8pm means I get a mere hour at lunch to bask in it. Suit is making me sweaty. First world problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement