Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Gbear wrote: »
    Spare a thought for those in Kuwait City.

47C there at the moment.

Lived there for 2 years. Would see mid 50's on a regular basis. 47 is jumper weater lol.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Where's Kuwait?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Where's Kuwait?

South of Iraq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Where's Kuwait?

*sighs*

How hot can australia get? Im sure loads of ye have been there. Im going in a few weeks, and im a bit scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

How hot can australia get? Im sure loads of ye have been there. Im going in a few weeks, and im a bit scared.

its a very large country so depends what part of Australia.
    the Area I spent most of my time north of Victoria in summer it was usually 30-35c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Ate you going on hols for a few weeks or longer term? It's winter at the moment so if it's only a holiday I don't think you need to worry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Pretty hot in the centre of the country. Then up North is very humid. Pretty much everything that moves or doesn't can knock you off, best avoid the place :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

The sun is avoiding me.

I went on holidays last week to the west of Ireland. Let's just say the weather was changeable for the whole week. My face got a bit wind-burned walking around some cliffs on my last day (a good islander tan), but that was about it.

Came back to Dublin on Saturday evening, where the weather was good all week, apparently. Then it was cloudy and grey until 5pm Sunday. I sat out the back garden doing the shadow test like an idiot. Back to work Monday (sunny) got an hour sun at lunchtime, then had to travel to Poland with work on Tues for the week. It's pissing rain here and it was cold and windy today. Big angry back clouds everywhere.

I'm back to Dublin on Saturday morning. Thinking of heading out to Skerries to get toasted...Just wondering if the Dublin beaches are resembling a Swedish House Mafia gig this week or have they been alright?

Thanks...."sunshine, sunshine reggae..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Texas ain't no Australia, but I am glad I am in Ireland all the same:

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KATT/2013/7/11/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

33* with nearly 2 inches of rain on the 8th. My family would have said "Thank god for the rain..." Yeah, thank god it is 33* and 100% humidity? No thanks, it was hot enough in Tipperary for me this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

This heat has me on the verge of tears.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Arpa wrote: »
    Think of this..people in some parts of Brazil have 3-4 showers per day to stave off the sweat odour. Max and normal temperature in Recife, Northern Brazil is 22-30degrees celsius during high summer. (What we hit this week) When I was there it was perfectly okay to disappear for a shower. We can't do that in Ireland...we don't have that liberty to head off for a shower at any minute without receiving odd looks.

I take at least 3 showers a day in weather like this, I'll **** off for a shower whenever i want.. Odd looks my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Beads of water pouring down me neck. Oh well, still prefer it to the shyte of the last two summers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

From people I know who have emirgrated to Australia, a few has said that it doesn't rain much over there but when it does it rains very heavy and they are sent off home. They work in construction so mainly outdoors so maybe other work sectors are differant, I don't know. Many times here at home in Ireland they experienced such rain and they are not sent home.

On an episode of grand designs abroad and in Spain it said August is the hottest month and in August people don't work.

We had a few weeks of nice warm weather a few weeks back in May and temperatures came up to the mid 20s. It was hot but nice and I liked it. We then went back to wet, cooler weather. Overnight we went from 13/14/15 degrees to the 28/29/30 degrees. This is not normal weather for Ireland and is too hot for Ireland.

It wouldn't be too bad if you didn't have to work and continue as normal in it. I can't understand how the country isn't gone into shut down for a week until it goes to fcuk away.

You big Drama Queen, country shutting down, thats just ridiculous !

The amount of people in general having a hissy fit over nice sunny weather ! It seem the Irish can only bear the heat when its accompanied by two weeks in costa del whatever, drinking too much and behaving like an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

just seen the weather it's hotter in Ireland than every part of Australia.
    Keep in mind it winter in Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

On the Upside, the ladies of Ireland do look awfully well with a bit of heat in the mix. It really suits ye. Just saying like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Beads of water pouring down me neck. Oh well, still prefer it to the shyte of the last two summers!

I'm sure there were beads of water pouring down your neck during the last two summers, only it wasn't sweat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

What's the weather like this morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

What's the weather like this morning?

Well Micky, it's already quite warm here in town ;)
    Seriously though it's going to be another warm day but tomorrow should be better again, although the humidity will be higher tomorrow making it a little sticky perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Felt a lot cooler this morning. It's Friday and everyone should be in good spirits, gonna be a belter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

This fine weather is great and all, but fùck me it's tough going working in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

TheFarrier wrote: »
    This fine weather is great and all, but fùck me it's tough going working in it.

Talcum powder and loose fitting boxers / clothes .... either that or get in shape .... see alternate thread on being fit etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭TheFarrier

Talcum powder and loose fitting boxers / clothes .... either that or get in shape .... see alternate thread on being fit etc..

I am in shape, it's just that mine is a very physical job, which causes overheating on a cold winters day, let alone 25 degrees plus. My problem is this weather is not conducive to cooling down, which leads to the aforementioned affliction becoming a day long scourge.

So there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

The internet is great and everything but people shouldnt feel the need to type everything they think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cut the hedge back for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

TheFarrier wrote: »
    I am in shape, it's just that mine is a very physical job, which causes overheating on a cold winters day, let alone 25 degrees plus. My problem is this weather is not conducive to cooling down, which leads to the aforementioned affliction becoming a day long scourge.

So there.

Yes Yes I see, Perhaps I should have rephrased my answer in the format of .. Do you need a hand inserting your tampax ? Man up , stop giving out, you dont see the diet coke lad giving out when all the chicks are eye ****ing him while he's horsing sweat out of him, and supping on a refreshing diet coke !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

As we call them in London ..... The Bettys !!

As in the Betty Swollacks

:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Today isn't quite as hot I think. Muuuuuuuch better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Sick sick sick of it. This morning seemed full of promise for a cooler day, but I just knew it was being sneaky and trying to lull me into a false sense of security. I walked to the shopping centre and on the way back, whilst dripping with beads of sweat, was stopped by some tourists, with surprisingly good English, asking for directions to a beach. The nearest beach from here is 50 km away. They even had a map, ffs why get a map and not read it. If I were going abroad I'd do my research in advance and know where we were going and how we were going to get there.

Can you hear the tetchy angry tone to my posts these days. This heat is making me feel homicidal now.:(

Sick sick sick of it. This morning seemed full of promise for a cooler day, but I just knew it was being sneaky and trying to lull me into a false sense of security. I walked to the shopping centre and on the way back, whilst dripping with beads of sweat, was stopped by some tourists, with surprisingly good English, asking for directions to a beach. The nearest beach from here is 50 km away. They even had a map, ffs why get a map and not read it. If I were going abroad I'd do my research in advance and know where we were going and how we were going to get there.

Can you hear the tetchy angry tone to my posts these days. This heat is making me feel homicidal now.:(

Aww, have a nice cool glass of Calpol and have a little nap.

:D:D

• Advertisement

You best be learning Icelandic then, won't have to worry about heat again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

You best be learning Icelandic then, won't have to worry about heat again.
    Or even better Greenlandic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I went on a decent length stroll. So much sweat it got in my eyes, **** this weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Feckin near riots at a beach in Louth today. It was absolutely packed out of it, with cars parked on both sides of a narrow road and traffic still trying to go in both directions.

Thousands of angry Nordies and a feckload of invasive Dub-heads facing off in this heat, with cranky children in tow, and on neutral territory too.. could have been a disaster! I almost decided to just abandon the car in the middle of the road and walk home.

Thank fcuk the cops showed up before it boiled over.

For years I hated it but I also wouldnt dress properly. I always wore trousers or jeans. I would never have my legs on show. This year I couldn't give a fcuk about my legs. They're only white, shaving them every day is a bitch.

I always power walk everywhere, and every summer in jeans, it didnt help. This year im taking it easy. I think the worst thing about all this sun is what a 10 minute walk used to be turns to 25 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Today was nice. Went for a swim in the river and then just floated for a while. The water was a perfect temperature. I'm not finding it sweaty or nasty at all and I've been walking all over town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭BigBrownBear

Another drowning reported on RTE news just now. Thats 5 this week:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More people will drown this year than die on the roads, which is a quite remarkable death rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm acclimatised to it now.

Tis lovely.

• Advertisement

Another drowning reported on RTE news just now. Thats 5 this week:(

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0712/462031-roscommon-drowning/

Is it not 6 now?

Also, have they stopped teaching kids how to swim in primary school nowadays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Today isn't quite as hot I think. Muuuuuuuch better

Not here! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

I bought a tall oscillating fan today which looks like an evil robot and I am worried it may try to kill me during the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0712/462031-roscommon-drowning/

Is it not 6 now?

Also, have they stopped teaching kids how to swim in primary school nowadays?

Wouldnt surprise me. And no prizes for guessing why. As for me, Im getting sick of downing 4+ litres of water a day and not having to go till late evening. And even then, hardly at all. 4+ litres of sweat is not a good look...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Wouldnt surprise me. And no prizes for guessing why. As for me, Im getting sick of downing 4+ litres of water a day and not having to go till late evening. And even then, hardly at all. 4+ litres of sweat is not a good look...

You should get yourself some Dioralyte. If you're sweating 4 litres off per day you're losing more than just water!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

My body is severely aching all over. Feels as if I've been beaten badly all over or as if I spent hours in the gym.

My legs have been cramping up often as well.

I've been doing my level best to stay in from the fcuking sun as well. Aside from going to and from work, I've been in from it. The walk to work, usually early in the morning would have me dripping ****ing buckets of sweat and as soon as I got into work it was launch into work time with fcuk all of a cooling down time and roundabout effect then all day.

Fcuk off, fcuk off, fcuk off, fcuk off

I wonder if all the people who's loving the sun have jobs to break their holes getting to or walk in the swelting heat. Bet many have cars with air conditioning on blasted back into their faces and armpits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Thousands of angry Nordies and a feckload of invasive Dub-heads facing off in this heat

The Dubs wouldn't stand a chance. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

13-05-2013
    Mr Ring, a regular face on Australia's Channel Seven, said the Irish public could finally expect some rays of sunshine this summer.
    He is recommending people take their summer holidays in Ireland in the first half of July or the second half of August.
    But he is also listing April 16 to April 25, May 12 to May 19 and June 17 to 25 as optimum times for booking a week in the sun in Ireland.

Just a small extract of Mr Ken Rings forcast for 2013. Now in the best time of May 12 to 19, bikini ready and sure i'd get a nice colour this week... purple that is, 8 degrees with hail today,more or less same all week.
    He's talking out of his arse.
    It seems so.
    Duggy747 wrote: »
    He's sending them to their watery, dull and cloudy with frequent spots of showery graves. The monster.

Some serious humble pie to be eaten here. Already being compared to '76 and 80something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

Archeron wrote: »
    I bought a tall oscillating fan today which looks like an evil robot and I am worried it may try to kill me during the night.

I have 2 of these type fans have them set so that they go in the opposite direction its pure heaven

Last night seemed a tad cooler but tonight its very very muggy :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

God I am so loving this weather. It's fantastic. Bright sunny days, with the slight breeze(in Dublin anyway) and it's damn near perfect and really lifts the mood of even the most curmudgeon among us. We're usually foisted damp blanket that someone else has slept in shíte grey, bet down meh weather for most of the year, so this is bloody brilliant. Like the snow when it comes(even if I like it less) "extremes" like this are so welcome*

*and for all the wittering about humidity and how that makes it different? I call utter ballsology. It's psychological more than anything. Yep we're a damp oul place, but humidity in high summer in places like Berlin, or Rome, or Paris, or Madrid can be as high if not higher than here with 35 degrees plus in attendance and basic earth science will tell you the sun down more southerly regions is physically more intense. Jeez we do like a whine, don't we? It's not as if this is every summer and it's not as if it's gonna last another month. Sheesh.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Wibbs wrote: »
    ...ndance and basic earth science will tell you the sun down more southerly regions is physically more intense. Jeez we do like a whine, don't we? It's not as if this is every summer and it's not as if it's gonna last another month. Sheesh.

One meteorologist reckons it might last until the 5th of August.

• Advertisement
Advertisement