Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

mbur wrote: »
    13-05-2013

Some serious humble pie to be eaten here. Already being compared to '76 and 80something

Last one of any length was 95!

Think I read somewhere that after a few days of the hot spell, the unclimatised human(the entire Irish) will begin to ahem sweat and moan about it. That is your body will struggle to adjust, a fact :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

One meteorologist reckons it might last until the 5th of August.

*click* *click*

You should get yourself some Dioralyte. If you're sweating 4 litres off per day you're losing more than just water!

Just me being a drama queen lol. I may drink that but im sure some of it is being used for more than making me look like i forgot to remove my clothes before showering!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Thom Merrilin

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0712/462031-roscommon-drowning/

Is it not 6 now?

Also, have they stopped teaching kids how to swim in primary school nowadays?

No it's only 5 in the last week as far as I know, but by Monday given the heat lasts over the weekend it'll probably be higher unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

I don't mean to frighten anyone but there are weird things in the sky over Cork. It's as if big lumps of candy floss are floating menacingly in the sky threatening to do something. It's still warm but something is making the leaves rustle in the trees and the curtains are being sucked in and out of the open window by some strange invisible force.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

No sunshine in Galway yet It Gray And Dull today :eek:, Like the normal Irish miserable weather only hotter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Please let today be a lot less hot. I can't deal with the heat at all. I feel pukey, dizzy, sore throat, miserable and have a constant headache.
    I'm wearing as little clothes as I can get away with and am still sweaty and gross.
    I'm wearing SPF 50 and still getting blasted by the sun when I'm walking places.

I have no idea how people find this enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I reckon C&C group shares would be worth purchasing right now - it will be a good year for cider purchases

http://www.candcgroupplc.com/investors/shareholder-centre

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Wish I'd taken a camcorder out with me last night, I could have made a remake of 'Attack of the Lobster People' :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Definitely feels less warm right now. Early in the morning though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

I don't mean to frighten anyone but there are weird things in the sky over Cork. It's as if big lumps of candy floss are floating menacingly in the sky threatening to do something. It's still warm but something is making the leaves rustle in the trees and the curtains are being sucked in and out of the open window by some strange invisible force.

Theres one whisp of cloud barely noticeable in the sky and you posted at like 2 in the morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Cloudy with some haze here in Donegal but reasonably bright and car temp gauge shows 18c. I had to open all the windows in the house just to get some air in but there's barely a breeze out and so the house is extremely clammy and warm. I think it's to brighten up later in the day and tomorrow is to be brighter and warmer again. Even if the weather was to turn nasty from now on I would still describe this as a very good summer.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One meteorologist reckons it might last until the 5th of August.
    From your lips to god's ears. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭Israeli Superiority

Wibbs wrote: »
    From your lips to god's ears. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Clouds? CLOUDS??? **** this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Ah, 16 degrees and cloudy. I'm a happy camper :D

Still blazing here. Quit hogging the clouds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pensivepuca

Cloudy and over cast, but kinda muggy, still warm enough. Apparently it is to 'brighten up' later :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Can't really argue with the climate right now, early teens are the best

and just to clarify I am not at a tweenie disco.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Chin Stroker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Cooking Oil...crisps me up nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Factor 20. I'm probably on my own here as I don't like getting a tan but I've an awful farmers town now that makes me look ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Last night was lovely cool. Ended up pulling on the duvet at 4 a.m!
    I think it'll be the same tonight for me anyway.

I hope this weather sticks around for a little while longer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Last night was lovely cool. Ended up pulling on the duvet at 4 a.m!
    I think it'll be the same tonight for me anyway.

I hope this weather sticks around for a little while longer!

You'll get plenty of cool weather :p

Was out Friday night, roasted outside in t shirt and shorts. Last night, stuck under a heater with a jumper on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

El Guapo! wrote: »
    I hate when irish people whinge and moan about a few days of nice weather. You'd swear we were in the Sahara.

It's Ireland. It pisses rain for most of the year. Everyone's always depressed. We get a few days of sun and people complain.

Just sit tight and enjoy it while it lasts. You can have your drab, grey depressing weather back soon enough.
    I've only just started reading this thread and I just KNEW there would be someone to come up with this crap.

Some people are "sun worshipers" and are well able to take the heat and sun, and some are not. Why do you think this is only an Irish issue? I don't particularly like the rain pissing down on me, but I cope a lot better with that than the weather we have now. The people that love the sun will complain in bad weather, the ones that hate heat will complain when the sun is too strong.

I for one, will be glad to see the back of this heatwave, but not for my own sake, but for the lives that have been lost this week due to drownings. I hope to God there are no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You'll get plenty of cool weather :p

Was out Friday night, roasted outside in t shirt and shorts. Last night, stuck under a heater with a jumper on.

Re-reading it, it does sound like I'm preferring the cooler weather. I want the 28-30 degree heat to stick around!

Azores high is sticking around. The ground is only absorbing heat, by now and looks like we are going to get an actual summer so lump it whoever because I feel pretty spectacular for it; thank you very much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭Ilik Urgee

Lovin this weather, walkin around with a horn on me most of the time.:)

I just put on a jumper, its only 16 degrees :(

Chucken wrote: »
    I just put on a jumper, its only 16 degrees :(

Stupid cold, I hate it, etc etc and so on :p

• Advertisement

Stupid cold, I hate it, etc etc and so on :p

Im sure I was a Greek godess in my last life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Loving this great weather although it's turning me into an alcoholic, 'cause i can't sit in the sun and not drink whiskey, think it's like the law or something......right???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

The Global Warming hippies love this.

I still don't respect them or their views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Last night, stuck under a heater with a jumper on.
    :confused:

But... you're not an Irish woman...

:confused:

But... you're not an Irish woman...

Maybe not, but I did feel like a right tit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

fupping love it , saving a fortune on gas , and everyones walking around with a smile , and its free.

I love you sun god :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Fs I'm sick of this weather now. According to the herald we have a good week of it left

http://www.herald.ie/news/walltowall-sunshine-and-plenty-to-come-29417472.html

I don't care what anyone says i'm tired of this sun.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭endacl

carzony wrote: »
    Fs I'm sick of this weather now. According to the herald we have a good week of it left

Hide under your bed. Come out at night.

I'm melting, but loving it.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Yea complaining about complaining etc. but just leave the sun alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Get the boat.

This time last year you were probably whining about the rain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

It hasn't happened in 18 years. Give over!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Threads merged

LizT wrote: »
    Threads merged
    Must be hard to keep an eye on all the weather threads......

...... in this heat!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Great drying out though. Can't beat that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

The only thing that really pissed me of was taking a girl out for a early dinner in town eating out side and getting hastled bye junkies, beggers and pikeys :/ other then that loving this weather :D

Snowie wrote: »
    The only thing that really pissed me of was taking a girl out for a early dinner in town eating out side and getting hastled bye junkies, beggers and pikeys :/
    They'll only hassle you if you're polite. Say what needs to be said...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Leave it out lads. I hate this weather and I havnt slept or eaten properly since it started.

I hope the weatherman is wrong and it pisses with rain for the rest of the week :D:D:D

I hope the weatherman is wrong and it pisses with rain for the rest of the week :D:D:D

I am partial to some of that.. went starkers for 2hr today anyhow so am good n red and fixed for lycopene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Is it just me or is it a bit cooler tonight?

Advertisement