Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT WEATHER. ALLLLLL THE WEATHER. WEATHER WEATHER WEATHER

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

I love the heat, so very very very very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

the_monkey wrote: »
    its horrible, i have to get up 2,3 times a night to shower, so im getting broken sleep ... plus there's a ****ing mouse running around between the roof and ceiling

Jesus, that is crap!! Safe home!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I was in Germany until 2 days ago. It was in the low 30s for a few days, hence I'm not really appreciating this as much as I should...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Nah...I'm just kidding...it's bloody amazing weather!

But I have heard more than one person today complaining about the heat. Probably the same people who complain about it being too cold in the winter. Some people seem to just love a good moan.

I for one am grateful for this bit of paradise we are getting at the moment, especially since I'm not in work this week :D

Now...if we can just keep this weather for a few weeks, I'll be grinning til Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Realtine

yup - im loving it.
    off for two week :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Some people seem to just love a good moan.

Yeah, your sister.

/thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Realtine wrote: »
    yup - im loving it.
    off for two week :D:D:D

Off for 4 months. Beat that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

that I entered a wet t-shirt competition and ended up covered in steam. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Some people don't like it being too hot, let them moan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Weather is great only downside for people complaining is if you have to work outside,or in stiffly office otherwise its perfect weather.And whats this blaring about hottest summer ? so far this year its only second time we get some sun above 20c ,last time it was over month ago that lasted about 4 days,i would call it summer if temps would stay for at least two months above 20c,not pissing rain for two years and one day above 30 degrees and its hottest summer :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Probably the same people who complain about it being too cold in the winter.

Nope, never met a Winter too cold for me yet. This weather, on the other hand is quite unpleasant. If it didn't adversely affect my work I'd be quite happy with six inches of snow on the ground :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Went for a swim to cool off. Feckin' water was soakin' wet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Just lovin it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Long may it last - we get feck all like this usually.

Some folk will find a moan from any angle.

Weather threads merged. We don't need a bajillion of them :D

Weather threads merged. We don't need a bajillion of them :D

They'd love you in the weather forum :P

They'd love you in the weather forum :P

Can you imagine the chaos!

Weather mega thread: All weather talk goes here.

Um.....ok......

Can you imagine the chaos!

Weather mega thread: All weather talk goes here.

Um.....ok......

We'd go from having a Weather forum featuring sticky weather to a sticky thread featuring weather :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

Tom Hanks wrote: »
    Long may it last - we get feck all like this usually.

Some folk will find a moan from any angle.

Think about the possible adverse affect on the economy. A business man will arrive here and find it's too hot. He wont invest here

We should harmonise our weather with Europe, it should always be 5 degrees colder than in the Netherlands if its more than 20 degrees there and 5 degrees degrees warmer if it's less than 10 degrees there.

I have calculated the above to be the optimal most investor friendly bland weather you could get while leaving the fancy snow and heatwaves to other European countries that are better able to deal with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭RiverOfLove

It is so hot.

It is insufferable.

I've been trying my best to stay in from it but sometimes I do need to go out in it and it's too. It gave me a headache today even tough I wore light clothing, suncream and a sunhat.

It is so hot.

It is insufferable.

I've been trying my best to stay in from it but sometimes I do need to go out in it and it's too. It gave me a headache today even tough I wore light clothing, suncream and a sunhat.

I've been munching on callipos and loop the loops most of the day :D

I'm thinking about wearing a skirt later in the week and I don't usually wear skirts or dresses. Any idea how to prevent chafing of the thighs? I googled and a range of things came up, none of what I have like bicycle shorts. I don't want to wear tights. I have some rolls of bandages and some are sticky and elastic like vetwrap. Would wrapping my thighs in vetwrap help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Lads, seriously, I drove through Dublin today and in the space of an hour, I came across 6 convertible cars with the roof closed. I mean honestly, WTF!!!!

I've been munching on callipos and loop the loops most of the day :D

I'd have to walk to the shop in the sweltering heat to get some icepops so I'd think it will be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

The thermometer on the building beside Kylemore Luas Station said 32 degrees when I passed by at around 7pm. Not sure how reliable that is, or whether it was in the sun or shade.

The shop I work in was a feckin' sauna all day though, much warmer inside than out. We Irish are not built to survive temperatures above 24/25 degrees :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Some cúnts are never happy with the weather, Suck it up fúckers, it was a bóllocks long winter, freezing til the end of match and it'll be pissing rain come october.

Yes i'm bathed in sweat and can't sleep for shít but i don;t care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

oldyouth wrote: »
    Lads, seriously, I drove through Dublin today and in the space of an hour, I came across 6 convertible cars with the roof closed. I mean honestly, WTF!!!!

It might seem bizarre, but it can be almost unbearably hot in a car with the roof down on days like today. Air conditioning doesn't work with the roof down, and dark / leather interiors are a disaster when it's hot outside.

In places like California or Florida, you'll rarely see people drive around with the top down once the temp gets close to 30 c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Yep, top down is only effective when you're getting a bit of speed up. Otherwise it's boiling central and air conditioning is far more effective.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

whats the betting that in winter, one person is gonna say: "Sure we barely got a summer"

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

it was so hot today my right arm burst into flames , i now posses a lion bar for an arm :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Doom wrote: »
    Its so hot here you could cook an egg on a rock, if you had an egg!!

I was trying to fertilise an egg with my cock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

fryup wrote: »

Oh my good God, I could kiss you!!!!!

Was looking for this today!!!!

Come here and gimme a kiss.

:pac:

Awwww, and forgot it was Caroline Aherne who did that bit. Love her. x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Seen some parked cars with a towel over the steering wheel so people don't burn their hands when they come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tom Hanks

Grass looking like it's burned to f*ck today is something I haven't seen here in yonks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Seen some parked cars with a towel over the steering wheel so people don't burn their hands when they come back.

This.
    New life skill acquired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭wretcheddomain

When the weather gets cold, people complain, when the weather is mild, people complain, when the weather gets hot, people complain.

Conclusion - people complain.

Now that we have the sun in abundance shining down on all our cracks, are people genuinely happy that it has arrived?

Personally, I find the whole thing quite labouring - exhaustion, potential for sunburn, humidity, proliferation of the presence of wasps and other lethal creatures, potential for difficult sleeping, in fact, I hate it.

If it were 10 degrees lower you wouldn't be hearing me complain so what's your honest view, do you seriously enjoy this type of weather we're compelled to endure every day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

5 degrees lower would be grand. I can't sleep at night at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Love it. Workin on me farmer tan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

The thermometer on the building beside Kylemore Luas Station said 32 degrees when I passed by at around 7pm. Not sure how reliable that is, or whether it was in the sun or shade.

The shop I work in was a feckin' sauna all day though, much warmer inside than out. We Irish are not built to survive temperatures above 24/25 degrees :pac:

We had a thermometer out in the sun this evening at 6pm - 7pm and it was 37 celcius. No lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

I love it love it love it.

Did I mention I love it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

nope i hate the heat Ive 2 fans either side of me and im still uncomfortable finding it hard to breath and have a real bad headache :(:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Can we have a fukn weather mega-thread or something?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

tis great weather for hay.

MetalDog wrote: »
    Love it. Workin on me farmer tan!

If you want to look like a zebra, you're welcome, but you'll look like a f***ing clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Love this weather!

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Can we have a fukn weather mega-thread or something?!

According to Jean Byrne, that might have a stormy outlook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Great weather for drying clothes, for this reason long may it continue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement