Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

galaxy note 8

• 07-07-2013 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

Hey

I'm consider buying the galaxy note 8. As a student the stylus really appeals to me. I also want to be able to take basic quality photos, search the Web, watch the odd film.
    I know the galaxy note 8 can do all this but it's very expensive. Is there anything cheaper that does the job as well? I like the nexus 7 but I think I'd miss the stylus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

Also, is there any sense in me waiting for the new nexus 7, seeing as I want a stylus? the obvious answer is no, but if it remains cheap and has good new features it might be worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

TBh, you do get what you pay for S:

The note is a very good tablet .. and you could add a wireless keyboard to use it a netbook when out and about, to make typing quick and easy.

The nexus doesn't have microSD slot...which is handy for extra storage space.

Have you tested out the note and it's stylus, vs other tabs?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭candlegrease

TBh, you do get what you pay for S:

The note is a very good tablet .. and you could add a wireless keyboard to use it a netbook when out and about, to make typing quick and easy.

The nexus doesn't have microSD slot...which is handy for extra storage space.

Have you tested out the note and it's stylus, vs other tabs?

I'm not overly concerned about a wireless keyboard but I suppose it is a nice option to have. No I haven't tested it out as I'm away just now, where's a good place to test it out back home? I wouldn't mind a look at the iPad mini and nexus 7 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

ipad mini, isn't worth the price. You're paying an extra hundred quid just because it's apple!

(The wireless keyboard is suitable with most tablets.. they're not expensive, but can help justify paying for a higher end tablet, that you'll use for work/typing etc.)

And PC shop would have the tablets on show to try out.

Advertisement