Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Quadding

• 07-07-2013 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a sports quad and I'm reluctantly selling is as I have no where around carlow to bring it and no one to go with. Is there any groups that go off on quads around CW, LS,KK etc???

Would love to hold onto it if I could get to use it on weekends! No interested in racing it just spending a day out on it.

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a sports quad and I'm reluctantly selling is as I have no where around carlow to bring it and no one to go with. Is there any groups that go off on quads around CW, LS,KK etc???

Would love to hold onto it if I could get to use it on weekends! No interested in racing it just spending a day out on it.

Cheers

There used to be a group of quad bikers who would go up the Wicklow Mountains and end up back down near the Curragh Camp.

It was one Sunday of every month that they would meet up and go off quading.

That was a fair few years ago now,so dont know if they still do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

paddy147 wrote: »
    There used to be a group of quad bikers who would go up the Wicklow Mountains and end up back down near the Curragh Camp.

It was one Sunday of every month that they would meet up and go off quading.

That was a fair few years ago now,so dont know if they still do it.

Yeah heard that a few group use to go up mt Leinster a few years back aswell but I believe quadding was banned up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

rookie1470 wrote: »
    Yeah heard that a few group use to go up mt Leinster a few years back aswell but I believe quadding was banned up there.

I think you are right...something to do with other hikers/hill walkers,forest rangers/wardens and the quads supposedly ruining the enviroment...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭rookie1470

paddy147 wrote: »
    I think you are right...something to do with other hikers/hill walkers,forest rangers/wardens and the quads supposedly ruining the enviroment...:pac:

Yip, it was a local councillor or MEP who I heard got it stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭tashiusclay

Bumping an old thread here, but my suggestion may be suitable for others, have you looked into using the Coilte forestry roads for your quad, as in the access roads that go deep into the forests that are used by the logging trucks? I'm currently in a similar situation with my own sport quad, as in finding places to use it. Coilte encourage a 'leave no trace' approach for the forests for the public to use them as they wish as long as no damage etc is done, and as long as you stick to these particular roads on the quad at times when they are being unused, I can't really see what issue there might be, but personally I am going to try to confirm this before I do venture out to them with my own quad. Worth looking into though?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

I'd just go and do it until someone tells me to stop. Some may be more considerate than me though!

Advertisement