Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ade or Defoe?

Options
  • 07-07-2013 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Right, if we have a choice to sell one a and keep the other who would you keep and why?

For me i'd keep Ade, he offers more than Defoe in being able to hold up the ball until support arrives. Despite his poor season last year i still think there's a talented footballer in there somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

I'd keep Defoe without a doubt. Tries every game, Spurs through and through.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I'd say defoe, but I fully acknowledge that I am being biased and haven't given it a second's thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

Defoe all day long. Spurs through and through

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Defoe all day..keep him as a 3rd striker behind villa & benteke. he can play the europa lg games sure & is a classy impact sub

Ade can fook off to Turkey asap wont be missed at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 SpicyChicken

Defoe 100%, probleam is who would buy Ade with the money he is on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Defoe is too greedy, wastes to many chances because he doesn't look up to see who's around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If Ade had Defoes heart and work ethic he'd have 30 goals a season IMHO. But, unfortunately he's a merc and couldn't give two hoots about the success or failure of Spurs.

I'd take Defoe anyday, I can only imagine the effect an attitude like Ade has on younger players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

At least Defoe will take a shot now and then (i.e every chance he gets). One thing that always annoyed me about Ade (apart from the obvious), is that he always seems unwilling to take a pop at goal.

Neither should be 1st choice, and never in a million years should they be the only available senior striker in a top 4 team.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Defoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Defoe for me too. Looking to the upcoming season(s), you have got to expect (hope) that only 1 of the 2 will still be there in Sept and he will acting as back up to two new signings, therefore coming off the bench to make an impact and that has to be JD. He's also the type of striker who scores 10 goals in 12 games and does nothing for the next 10 games so he might be useful in that regard if one of our main strikers (insert name here) gets an injury that rules them out for a month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I dunno, it's a difficult question because undoubtedly Ade has more ability and can offer more to the team, the problem is he's not bothered most of the time. If we could regularly get the Ade who played against Chelsea away we would only need one striker this summer, but those sort of performances are so rare it renders the argument for not selling him useless.

Defoe on the other hand, while he gives his all, is just so limited. He cannot include other players in attacking moves and as soon as he has his eye on the goal, be that from 5 yards or 50, he will not pass the ball. As Donkey said above, he will score goals but he could also go through an incredibly lean spell when we need him the most.

I'm 50/50 on either player to be honest. It's ability v's effort, and although both players have one or the other in abundance they never seem to make the best use of it, the net result being that Spurs never score enough goals to compete with the other teams challenging for the top 4.

What a difference someone who could score 20 goals in one season as a striker would make!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Adebayor, better footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Defoe. Strikers job is to get goals, and I'd have more confidence in him getting them ahead of the other fella, even if he does only score against the crap teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

defoe as 3rd choice striker

Adebayour is not a team player and thus doesnt fit into our plans

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I think i'd have to go for Ade, I can't see him being as bad as he was last season. Unfortunately, to get the best out of him u would have to be playing him all the time, otherwise he sulks.

I'd be happy to keep both as options provided we get someone like Benteke in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

What a terrible choice to have to make! Ade is the better player but lazy and disinterested. Defoe is a one trick pony drop the shoulder onto the right and boom but at least he tries. I;d take almost any EPL striker over the both of them but to answer the question if I had to keep one twould be Defoe.

Ideally both are jogged on asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Ideally both are jogged on asap.

Agree, get 12 or 13m between them and put it towards Soldado or Bentekes left foot.

Advertisement