Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Word 2010 - PC /Mac differences

Options
  • 07-07-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I'm doing a course on MS Word 2010 and I'm currently using Word 2000 at home.

The functionality is quite different so I was considering looking for a second-hand 2010 version however I'm changing from PC to Mac shortly.

Does anyone know if MS Word for Mac is similar to the PC version?

If not, is it a waste of time doing the course using the PC version when changing to Mac?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Yorky wrote: »
    I'm doing a course on MS Word 2010 and I'm currently using Word 2000 at home.

The functionality is quite different so I was considering looking for a second-hand 2010 version however I'm changing from PC to Mac shortly.

Does anyone know if MS Word for Mac is similar to the PC version?

If not, is it a waste of time doing the course using the PC version when changing to Mac?

Thanks in advance.

They are fairly different, the Mac version doesn't have the same feature set although the UI (user interface) should be similar. You could always install Windows on your Mac but that is another license cost. Also a license for Mac Office is not transferable to Windows Office, and vice versa. Some info here on a Mac forum suggesting the use of Windows + Office. Macs can run Windows but you will need to buy a windows license along with an Office one

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 83,313 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Office 365 subscriptions give you the license to run either Office 2013/Office for Mac 2011 on up to 5 devices (365 University, 2 devices)

Seems stupid to be taught 2010 anymore, but its UI is similar enough to 2013.

Advertisement