Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help figuring out why Graphics card isnt working!

Options
  • 07-07-2013 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I've recently had to buy a new graphics card for my PC as my old one has bit the bullet it seems. (with the old card i'm getting discolouration on screen and weird characters shown when booting up)

Old card: NVIDIA 8800GTX
    Link: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-8800-gtx

Motherboard: BIOSTAR TPOWER i45
    Link:http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=365
    (I have the new card in the Orange PIC-E slot, where i had the first card)

So I'm not much of a gamer but wanted an OKish graphics card under 100€.
    So I was advised to buy this card, so I had a look into it, saw it looked fine and compatible, and bought it.
    New Card: MSI GT630 (N630GT-MD4GD3)
    Link:http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N630GT-MD4GD3.html

When I went to install the card, the screen is showing blank consistently.
    The fan on the new card is spinning, and I've tried all 3 outputs (VGA,HDMI, DVI) but the monitor inst receiving signal at all.

Can someone help me figure out why this may not be working please?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Have you tried it in a different monitor/tv? I had a green hue problem with an old monitor before but I never heard of it happening with a GPU. Are you getting a POST(beep when PC starts up)?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭corvus4906

Thanks for the fast post.
    My PC doesnt beep when it POSTs .. never has ha. It's never been a problem tho...I'm using it right now and it didnt beep when started up with the old dodgy card ( currently enduring the dodgy screen colouration and occasional blue screening) but i've no other choice.

Currently i have the PC hooked up to a large TV by HDMI, and the TV receives the signal with no problem.
    With the new card it just stays saying "no signal"

I've tried it on another basic monitor with VGA but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

There's the possibility that the card is DOA, have you a friends PC you could try it with?

I wouldn't be the most knowledgeable here to help I'm afraid and can't see any reason why it won't work. If I'm stuck with something the lads on here are great help so hopefully someone else will see your thread and be able offer more suggestions. Good luck getting it to work.

Ok I reset CMOS and flashed the mobo with new BIOS.

Graphics card displaying now : happy days.

But.... I'm not booting now to windows. It's staying on a black page littler "hardware monitor" with a few lines of details... Like CPU temp and fan speeds etc.

Anyone know how to get passed this???

All sorted. Thanks Marsden

@ Admins - you can close this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement