Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTE Maps??

Options
  • 07-07-2013 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I was just checking Comreg's Siteviewer at http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp and noticed that it now shows if a mast has LTE or not. However, It doesn't look very accurate considering that is says most of the masts have LTE (even the mast I connect to, which is rural). This can't possibly be correct considering LTE hasn't even launched yet, can it?

Does anyone know if this site is showing masts that are planned to be upgraded/already upgraded or is just a load of b******s?

Thanks in advance! :P
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭swoofer

As usual you got it in one a load of boo --cks, just look at eircom site re fibre or vf for that matter. they are all useless.

and the new app from comreg will be the same, its supposed to be able to tell you the actual bb speed to expect!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

GBCULLEN wrote: »

and the new app from comreg will be the same, its supposed to be able to tell you the actual bb speed to expect!!

Heh that should be funny if they expect to be able to forecast LTE speeds

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭lotas

I was just checking Comreg's Siteviewer at http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp and noticed that it now shows if a mast has LTE or not. However, It doesn't look very accurate considering that is says most of the masts have LTE (even the mast I connect to, which is rural). This can't possibly be correct considering LTE hasn't even launched yet, can it?

Does anyone know if this site is showing masts that are planned to be upgraded/already upgraded or is just a load of b******s?

Thanks in advance! :P

Because LTE has not launched yet does not mean LTE is not enabled on the site. LTE was a fairly "easy" upgrade for HSDPA providers. the site can be upgraded, and given the launch is only round the corner, yea, LTE is probably enabled in these sites... Rural or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle_Tommy

It seems Comreg have now changed the site and none of the masts have LTE ticked. I knew it was too good to be true that my rural mast had it enabled. I can't understand why most of the masts had LTE ticked in the first place. :confused:

It seems Comreg have now changed the site and none of the masts have LTE ticked. I knew it was too good to be true that my rural mast had it enabled. I can't understand why most of the masts had LTE ticked in the first place. :confused:

yeah the LTE tick meant sites that were planned to be upgraded at some unknown time in the future...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Turtle_Tommy

bealtine wrote: »
    yeah the LTE tick meant sites that were planned to be upgraded at some unknown time in the future...
    I hope that's true and my mast will be upgraded. I'm sick of the slow 3g connection I'm forced to use at the moment.

I hope that's true and my mast will be upgraded. I'm sick of the slow 3g connection I'm forced to use at the moment.

It'll be a long wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

That's the map they show Pat Rabbitte ... while keeping the portable LTE cell switched on in the truck outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 offmeheadpal

There is LTE in dublin central and surrounding areas and its being trialled in carlow. Trails have only started in the last while though so it will be a bit of a wait

Advertisement