Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub on barge Celbridge

Options
  • 07-07-2013 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to that pub next to the bridge on the Newcastle road where the boats are parked up? What's it like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There is or was two pubs there rather than just one - I don't know if The Hatch has reopened. Which one are you asking about? Or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

McEvoys pub at Hazelhatch has a nice friendly atmosphere, frequented mostly by canal walkers and locals. It's also a dog friendly pub, not many of them around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

It's a great pub for sunny days. Always gets packed though, people seem to come from everywhere. They don't do food but a pint and peanuts is all most people want.

Speaking of dog friendly pubs I brought my own (very large) dog to Manzors beer garden in Clane at the weekend and was delighted to see other people doing the same. Taps available outside for the water bowl too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Its McEvoys, thanks guys! Pity they don't food!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

They don't do food, or take laser/credit cards. It's an old fashioned pub, the family live there and you can actually see into their kitchen from the bar!

As others have said though, it's unbeatable for a large bottle on a nice summer's day. The Guinness is also sensational, the keg sits under the tap giving it about a 2 foot flow and making a bad pint pretty much impossible.

• Advertisement
Advertisement