Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection failing

Options
  • 07-07-2013 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

I have broadband with Eircom and a problem that I am having is that when I open a webpage  my laptop is telling me that I am not connected to the internet and retry. I check my status and my laptop tells me that I am connected. I can go to another house and there I will be connected no problem. This is a problem that has been going on for ages and today my son tells me that his laptop is now doing the same thing.
    This is after the laptops were both working perfectly with the same router and passwords etc., and no changes done to anything.
    My smartphone and my wifes I-Pad are working perfectly and the only change is the laptops losing ability to load pages even though my status says I am connected
    Is there a fix to this problem, I have rebooted the modem and reset one laptop to factory settings and still no joy 
    Hugh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Hugh,

The best advice I can offer is to contact our technical support team on 1890 260 260 (telephone number and option 0) They will troubleshoot with you to identify the issue and hopefully resolve it. If you require a new modem they can also organise this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement