Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM debited my account but didn't give money

Options
  • 07-07-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭

I went to an ATM today and wanted to take out 350.

It stalled for a few seconds then my card came out.. I'm not sure if an error message came up on screen but no money came out.

I went to the one beside and tried to take out 350 again.. it said enter a lower amount ( I only realised later in the the limit on withdrawals is 600 per day. ) I entered 300 said enter lower amount then I entered 200 and it worked.

I got home and checked and my account is missing the 350 ,,, All the account has is the total.. it won't update the detailed withdrawals until tomorrow when they are updated.

Has this happened before to anyone ? .. Will they put the 350 back ? ... Can or will they check the cameras at the ATM and see no money was given out ?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

this hapoened to mr, it will be put back in tomorrow, just make sure to check!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

NeVeR wrote: »

It stalled for a few seconds then my card came out.. I'm not sure if an error message came up on screen but no money came out.

I went to the one beside and tried to take out 350 again.. it said enter a lower amount ( I only realised later in the the limit on withdrawals is 600 per day. ) I entered 300 said enter lower amount then I entered 200 and it worked.

I got home and checked and my account is missing the 350 ,,, All the account has is the total.. it won't update the detailed withdrawals until tomorrow when they are updated.

Has this happened before to anyone ? .. Will they put the 350 back ? ... Can or will they check the cameras at the ATM and see no money was given out ?

thanks.

Usually it takes 24-48 hours for the error to drop off and the money to re-enter your account. I'd call the bank to ensure there aware

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

thanks.

The ATM should balance itself at the end of the day, see it has 350 extra, note that you received no cash, and credit your a/c the with 350 that you weren't given.

But just in case I would ring your bank in the morning to notify them on what happened, and they should give you a better timeframe on when it will correct your a/c.

that new op , bank do that now free money for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Happened to my wife too some time back. If it was your banks ATM then it will be sorted quick but if another bank then may take a few days. She called it in and because it was an AIB ATM taking from her BOI account it took about 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

my bank is EBS.. so we don't have ATM's lol

The one i used was ulster bank i think. It's in the square in tallaght ( inside ) .. the one that worked was AIB

I'll ring today.

thanks.

Rang the bank... they are sending me out a transaction dispute form !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Rang the bank... they are sending me out a transaction dispute form !!
    Had this happen once before, also another time where the ATM took the money back because I was too slow in taking it. Both times a call to the bank sorted it, no paperwork was necessary.

it's a pain.. i rang on Monday and they said they would send out that form.. still not received !!. and the money is still not been returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Happened to me twice - had to fill in dispute form, but could do that over the counter. Got a call 3-4 days later that money is refunded. Pain it is, but nothing you can do about it.
    Happens too often with ATM at my local Centra - when there is no 20 notes and you want just that. Ulster ATMs never failed me, and those usually say no 20 notes available. The ones at Centa are too stupid to give that message, and then freeze
    Good luck - not nice to have 350 locked like that, but you will get it back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

Five days have passed, OP. Time to go visit a branch if they still have an unauthorised loan of your money.

Advertisement