Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wish.....

Options
  • 07-07-2013 11:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭

What do you wish for your child or what do you wish with regard them?

I wish I had had my son twenty years younger as I would have that time with him.

I wish peace of mind for him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I would love to have my son exactly as he is, just maybe 5 years later. I was too young having him, it took me a while to get used to being a mother so I probably failed him in a few ways. At least that's what I feel anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I wish my child will always be as happy as she is now.
    She's a toddler, so finds joy in everything/every place. I hope she retains that wonder & awe as she grows up.
    I wish my labour with her hadn't put me off giving her a sibling at this moment in time, but that's something under consideration in the future :P

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭CarMe

I really wish that she always sees herself as I see her. I can't bare the thoughts of her not liking herself or having another person make her feel worthless.

I also wish (I know it's a selfish one) that we always have this amazing bond and that teenage years etc won't change that.

She escaped from her cot today and came all the way downstairs, I nearly died whene walked into the sitting room and she walked in and told me with glee how she "got out of cot, came down stairs, to see mammy"
    I know it goes without saying, but I just love her so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I wish I had spoken out about how the bp tablets were effecting and maybe they could have changed them and I would have bonded with him sooner.

I hope that they are both able to speak out for themselves so they don't feel left out of anything.

I also wish that they both grow up the best of friends who look out for each other. And when it comes to work I wish they find something that's like a hobby so they never wake up dreading the day ahead.

Other than that...the usual I want them to laugh and enjoy and not have a psychologist rip their childhoods apart and blame us for every crappy decision they made :D oooh and a granny flat to look after us in our elder years would be nice ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I wish for him just to have his own sense of integrity & to stick with something he's really passionate about. I think those two things will guide him through a lot of life-crap and will keep a person genuinely happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

CarMe wrote: »
    She escaped from her cot today and came all the way downstairs, I nearly died whene walked into the sitting room and she walked in and told me with glee how she "got out of cot, came down stairs, to see mammy"

Lovely thread but this made me laugh... I think I'd have nearly died!! Little minx!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I wish for my guy to keep his amazing sense of humour.
    He's such a happy, contented little boy, I hope nobody ever takes that from him ♡

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

I wish that he will keep this innocence and carefree state for as long as possible. I wish that he remains healthy and happy. At the moment I am the centre of his world and I hope and pray that we keep this bond forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They are both happy and healthy, I wish for nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Borboletinha

I want her to be happy and independent.
    I want her to always be sure that I love her every second of every day even though Im far from perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I wish I could articulate how much I love them! I wish that they love each other as much so I know they'll always have a friend.
    Like everyone else - there's nothing more important than health, happiness and love!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

I want my little girl to be as happy as she is now at 13 months.

I don't want her to lose the cheeky smile when she took off her growbag and nappy and was happily playing away naked when we came in this morning.

I want her to always feel comfortable to sit down beside me and talk away (ok babble) and hand me stuff (today it was a blade of grass).

I want to give her the opportunities to be able to do whatever she wants to do.

I want her to be as comfortable just being herself.

Advertisement