Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom over billed

Options
  • 07-07-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I switched to sky Broadband at the end of June.  Sky said they would look after the switch over.  I received a bill for the month of July form Eircom although sky has ownership of my broadband as of the 1st of july.  I know sky canceled my services from Eircom because a customer services person from Eircom rang me on Friday the 5th of july offering me a deal to switch back.  I dont want to be playing pass the parcel over the phone as I have had it confirmed form sky that they carried out their instructions.  I want to know how I go about getting a refund form Eircom for been charged from the 1st to the 31st of july.
    I can pm my Eircom acc # when one of you guys tries to tackle this issue

Thanks

Richard Tea

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi Richard Tea,

Can you please PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Hi Richard Tea,

Can you please PM me your details and I will look into this for you?

Thanks

Tracey
    Thanks Tracey. Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Thanks for those details. I have sen you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thanks for those details. I have sen you a PM there.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hello Tracey,

I received my final bill in the post today.  Im more confused than ever.  I was billed for the month of July although my service was discontinued with eircom since the 3rd.  Now Eircom are looking for another 53 euro.  What on earth is going on?.  There is no early cancellation fee on my account so im at a loss to understand whats going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hello Tracey,

I received my final bill in the post today.  Im more confused than ever.  I was billed for the month of July although my service was discontinued with eircom since the 3rd.  Now Eircom are looking for another 53 euro.  What on earth is going on?.  There is no early cancellation fee on my account so im at a loss to understand whats going on.

Hi Richard tea

You were not billed for the month of July.

You will see on your bill a boxed area titled "Your service and connection charges" where this displays a credited amount for services previously charged for the month of July but now being credited to your account, for example:

PART PERIOD TYPE                                               REFERENCE             PERIOD          AMOUNT

Credit for residential line 044 *******                     48**591c               3 JUL 13        -20.01ex vat

Credit for next gen broadband                                   47**663CH            1 JUL 13        -33.79 ex vat

Credit for mailbox                                                     48**591c               3 JUL 13        -1.16 ex vat

(I have used * for security purposes)

The amounts referenced above have been credited to your account as they had been previously charged in the previous bill however as 30 days notice was not made to eircom of your intention to leave eircom a charge in lieu of one months notice to cease service has been made for the following services:

Line rental : 20.96 ex vat
    Broadband: 20.65 ex vat (your broadband amount should have been larger however eircom charge the minimal subsription cancellation fee for broadband which happens to be 20.65)

These charges added together comes to €41.61 ex vat + a daytime national call you made which cost €1.29 ex vat comes to a total of €52.76.

The reason your bill is €53.18 and not €52.76 is because of the amount owed on your previous bill also included some calls charged and these will not be credited.

I hope this helps shed light on the charges however if you have further questions please contact accounts on 1901 where you will be able to discuss this further.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement