Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worried about moving!!

Options
  • 07-07-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi everyone,

Im a 22 year old irish female and I am moving to Darwin,Australia next march.
    I am a real home bird but Ive always wanted to go I have a brother in Darwin and Im heading out with my best friend. Im really worried about getting work over there. I havent got a degree but Ive been working all my life Ive had the same job in ireland as a shop assistant for five years and Ive done waitressing and bar work in between aswel. I am a good worker and Im not picky either. just wondering if anyone has any info on working in darwin, how hard it is to get work if your not a native and the lifestyle in general??

any info would be great!! thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭cikearney

Record number of backpacker in Darwin ATM. I suggest coming mid or late January and you should have no problem getting work. It will still be wet season, even though this year was pretty dry, and It will be very hot. But soon as the dry season starts coming in so do all the backpackers looking for work and the good weather.

Lifestyle is good. Pretty expensive for necessities and everyone will tell you that there is nothing to do in Darwin but drink, it's true! Same with everywhere else if you want to find a club or hobbie there are lots, if you want to hit the pub Friday-Sunday you won't be alone.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ssshhh91

sounds like everyone wants a piece of Darwin! thanks a million for the feedback. Im hoping to get out early next year so fingers crossed!!

thanks again...:):)

Advertisement