Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City 1988 Video

Options
  • 07-07-2013 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

Found this today, it's narrated by Ronnie Drew Lar Redmond, and it's pretty nostalgic comparing Dublin now to back 25 years ago. Thought it'd be worth posting here :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Academic

Really interesting.

I wish there were more documentaries on Dublin, it’s such a photogenic town. I could imagine a good half hour being done on St. Stephen’s Green alone, for example, with all its monuments and statuary.

Many thanks for posting this.

Cheers,

Ac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

:(ah my hometown how i miss ya so

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jeemojney

it's not Ronnie Drew narrating and it's not about Dublin in 1988 :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

..... it's narrated by Ronnie Drew....
    Lar Redmond. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Lar Redmond. ;)

sounds the spit of Ronnie.. awesome :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

jeemojney wrote: »
    it's not Ronnie Drew narrating and it's not about Dublin in 1988 :confused:

Yep, it is Lar Redmond, my bad, in the video Lar mentions the millenium and 1988 a few times. So i dunno, maybe it is, maybe it isnt, it's advertised as 1988 and looks fairly close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Yeah but Ronnie Drew made a similar video in '88 talking about Dublin. I think it was due to the millenium? Great video OP.

Advertisement