Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal/most reliable hard drives?

Options
  • 07-07-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I am looking to purchase a couple of hard drives to back up my data, but could do with some feedback on the most suitable ones.

I noticed this deal on Groupon (about to expire) http://www.groupon.ie/deals/special/ask-electronics-ltd/23321906.

Is this good value?

I'm not very familiar with the Seagate brand; are their hard drives reliable, or is there any better brands out there?

That one also happens to be mains powered... how do they compare to the USB powered ones?

Oh, and storage space wise, I think 500 GB/ 1 TB each would be enough

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Tip: buy your backup/storage drives in pairs and keep 'em synced. (Ideally, you should keep one at a different location)

There is no telling which brand is more reliable than others. You don't buy a 1 TB HDD for 50 yoyos and expect it to last forwever.

2.5" USB powered drives are for mobility, not really for backup purposes (theft, loss, accidental damage).

Advertisement