Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some breakdown of improvements would be nice.

Options
  • 07-07-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hello Now with us customers paying more fees for using services, and a move to online services with branch closures, does BOI have any plans to make public ( maybe you already do) some useful stats for the services customers use. This woud be really helpful for us to see the improvements our money is been spent on. 
    It would be great to get them for the last  three years, 2010,  2011, 2012, to make it nice and easy to track the improvements. 

A few that come to mind are
    The percentage of ATM failures 
    The percentage of customer complaints for online services 
    The average wait time for customers on calls to 365 online
    The percentage of transactions incorrectly processed by the bank
    The total downtime of Online customer services 

Maybe other customers here would have a few other ideas. In the past when it was free it did not bother me, but now I am paying for improvements would be nice to see they are happening. I think it is a reasonable request to see where our hard earned money is going. I assume there is nothing confidential in giving out some useful stats to customers.

Kind regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi northwestramble.

We are here to answer general day to day questions about products and services with Bank of Ireland. We are happy to reply to any banking queries but we cannot discuss the banks policies and procedures. We will always endeavour to answer and help as much as we can however, some information we do not have access to and there is also some information that we cannot publish on a public forum.

If you do have any general questions about day to day banking, please feel free to ask.

With the many banking channels now available, customers advised that they would like us to differentiate the costing values between self service and staff assisted transactions which helped shaped the current changes being introduced. This new fee structure is solely driven by customer feedback via all of our banking channels.  

Below is a list of some of the benefits and features now available to our customers, which has previously been posted on another thread.

• Access to over 250 branches and 1,500 ATMs nationwide.
    • Over 2,000 qualified Financial Advisors across the country.
    • 365Online and Mobile Banking App, for iPhone and Android users, giving you access to checking your account both at home and on the go.
    • Online payments to accounts at home and abroad.
    • Pay to mobile service - allows our mobile banking app customer transfer money to any registered Bank of Ireland account simply by knowing the mobile number of the account holder.
    • eStatements - a choice of receiving statements in paper form or by pdf via 365Online.
    • Our recently revamped website with a new Help Centre where you can find answers to your most frequently asked questions.
    • Numerous customer service channels, phone, email and social media presence.

We continue to work on improvements to our service offering and currently have a number of new initiatives in the pipeline. We will post here as and when we receive updates on these.

Thanks.
    Laura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

With the many banking channels now available, customers advised that they would like us to differentiate the costing values between self service and staff assisted transactions which helped shaped the current changes being introduced. This new fee structure is solely driven by customer feedback via all of our banking channels.  

Sorry Laura,

But you and BOI reps have been asked many many times to back up this claim and you still have not. <SNIP>.

Mod note: harolds57 infracted for being uncivil.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Hi northwestramble.

We are here to answer general day to day questions about products and services with Bank of Ireland. We are happy to reply to any banking queries but we cannot discuss the banks policies and procedures. We will always endeavour to answer and help as much as we can however, some information we do not have access to and there is also some information that we cannot publish on a public forum.

If you do have any general questions about day to day banking, please feel free to ask.

Below is a list of some of the benefits and features now available to our customers, which has previously been posted on another thread.

• Access to over 250 branches and 1,500 ATMs nationwide.
    • Over 2,000 qualified Financial Advisors across the country.
    • 365Online and Mobile Banking App, for iPhone and Android users, giving you access to checking your account both at home and on the go.
    • Online payments to accounts at home and abroad.
    • Pay to mobile service - allows our mobile banking app customer transfer money to any registered Bank of Ireland account simply by knowing the mobile number of the account holder.
    • eStatements - a choice of receiving statements in paper form or by pdf via 365Online.
    • Our recently revamped website with a new Help Centre where you can find answers to your most frequently asked questions.
    • Numerous customer service channels, phone, email and social media presence.

We continue to work on improvements to our service offering and currently have a number of new initiatives in the pipeline. We will post here as and when we receive updates on these.

Thanks.
    Laura

Hi Laura
    Thanks for the reply, The questions I asked are not about policy and procedures they are simple questions on how day to day banking services are working for us the customers. Maybe you could outline where it is a policy and procedure issue. If I was asking how you fix them or how you gather stats that would be policy and procedure, but just asking for facts is not. Or am I wrong on my understanding?

If it is a policy and procedure issue, then how about the following in relation to the features you outlined offering to customers.

1. Out of the 1,500 ATMs nationwide, what is the percentage down time over the last few years

2. Over 2,000 qualified Financial Advisors across the country: Average number of meetings per year for Financial Advisors

3. 365Online and Mobile Banking App, for iPhone and Android users: Percentrage of customers using 365online and Mobile banking apps.

4. Number of calls answered on the different customer service channels, phone, email and social media presence.

This will allow us to easily see how well things are working with all of these great services BOI offer us and how they are improving. It is very easy to make a statement things are getting better, but I always find it is easier to see that when you have some hard facts. I am sure if BOI is happy to inform customers things are greatly improving then this is based on some Stats which should be nice an easy to display to customers.

One quick question on e-statements.
    4. eStatements: I was wondering is this really an advantage any more. My understanding is that no business will accept a printed estatement and that you then have to request a duplicate statement from the bank, which you have to pay for. Is there any advantage in having estatements anymore ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

northwestramble, BOI have already stated that some of the information you are requesting cannot be shared publicly-indeed I agree it is sensitive commercial information and not at all within the remit of this forum.

I'd ask you to keep your queries to individual customer service queries, any further policy and commercial questions and I will be locking this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Hi Nicola
    Sorry, I did not know that asking for clarification was not allowed. In my follow up post I thought I had addressed the questions directly to the features Laura kindly highlighted as new or improved services. It was just to try and find out for us customers how well these new/improved services are working now that as customers we are paying for them. Did not think that was unreasonable or in any way sensitive. 
    However, if BOI feel that they are not in a position to inform customers that is okay. If I offended anyone then I am very sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

. Out of the 1,500 ATMs nationwide, what is the percentage down time over the last few years?

i had to laugh at that one. there is only a single boi atm near us and all the residents have been complaining about it for years as it's always broken, and almost always on weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Skatedude wrote: »
    . Out of the 1,500 ATMs nationwide, what is the percentage down time over the last few years?

i had to laugh at that one. there is only a single boi atm near us and all the residents have been complaining about it for years as it's always broken, and almost always on weekends.
    By broken I would presume 'empty', thus why at  the weekends also

Advertisement