Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigeon

Options
  • 08-07-2013 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

If anyone knows someone missing a racing or homing pigeon I've got it here and would love to reunite it with it's owner.

My son and his friends spotted it stuck in the front bumper of a car in a car park, the car owner didn't realise it was there but remembered hitting it around Grannagh.

It's injured but able to move a bit but is very alert and calm so used to being handled. It's got a red band on one leg and a green band on the other and one of the bands has a number.

We've contacted a local member of Irish Homing Union (pigeons) who will collect it tomorrow and assist in finding the owner.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭gw80

deisemum wrote: »
    If anyone knows someone missing a racing or homing pigeon I've got it here and would love to reunite it with it's owner.

My son and his friends spotted it stuck in the front bumper of a car in a car park, the car owner didn't realise it was there but remembered hitting it around Grannagh.

It's injured but able to move a bit but is very alert and calm so used to being handled. It's got a red band on one leg and a green band on the other and one of the bands has a number.

We've contacted a local member of Irish Homing Union (pigeons) who will collect it tomorrow and assist in finding the owner.

If it has two rings on and one of them rings is rubber than it has gotten lost during a race,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

gw80 wrote: »
    If it has two rings on and one of them rings is rubber than it has gotten lost during a race,

Yeah that's what we figured.

It's moving more now and ate and drank well overnight.

The pigeon's owner has been located in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Brianne

Well done Deisemum on caring for the pigeon and getting it located home. They're quite amazing birds.

It was one of my son's who rescued it and looked after it for the evening.

• Advertisement

Its nice to know that he's a caring person as all those poor creatures depend on us to look out for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

We have been looking after a stray pigeon. His owner was from the UK where the race was.

I think people should keep the pigeons.

Pigeon owners tend to cull pigeons that get lost in the race, as they are no good to them for the race.

The poor things. What annoys me is so many people who are in these so called sports not for the love of the animal or bird but for what they get out of it. Those poor pigeons fly till they drop. They re amazing birds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭charlie10

i found the remains of a racing pigeon in the galtee mountains during a hunt and it has two rings i emailed a pigeon racing society in the uk as the tag had GB on it ,and got no reply any ideas on how i can contact owner

Advertisement