Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

school transport. gorey.

Options
  • 08-07-2013 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi everyone,
    I will shortly be moving to just outside Gorey and am looking for any information about school transport..... i know about applying with bus eireann but wondered if anyone knows the actual routes taken. Also if Gorey Community School is a good school for a teenager with special needs (mental health ) Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Hi everyone,
    I will shortly be moving to just outside Gorey and am looking for any information about school transport..... i know about applying with bus eireann but wondered if anyone knows the actual routes taken. Also if Gorey Community School is a good school for a teenager with special needs (mental health ) Thanks in advance

Where are you going to live, buses can take very roundabout routes?
    I know over the years the Community School has had it's complement of Downs' pupils and I think most have done quite well. I wouldn't know about pupils with other mental difficulties but the faculty is excellent. Maybe have a word with St. Aidan's Centre, they'll be able to give you good advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jeninfer123

thanks a million for your reply....... what does st aidan's centre do? is it an advice centre?

thanks a million for your reply....... what does st aidan's centre do? is it an advice centre?

St. Aidans is
    a voluntary body founded in 1968 by concerned parents and friends. It provides comprehensive services for people with a wide range of disabilities, children with special needs and for the older person.
    http://www.saintaidansservices.com/index.html

It is located near the school, and could be a good source of info.

As bmaxi says, if you could give a little more detail on your location, more people could give you info on transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Jeninfer123

I'll definitely check it out ....thanks for your help.... .I'm moving to Ballymoney

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I'll definitely check it out ....thanks for your help.... .I'm moving to Ballymoney
    Check your PMs

• Advertisement
Advertisement