Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the best place to find out about renting a place in Croom

Options
  • 08-07-2013 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi there,
    Mods feel free to move if I've put this in wrong forum!
    Looking for a place to rent in Croom; Daft.ie & myhome.ie seem to have nothing reasonable! Went there the other week and was told that the post office or one particular pub would be best bets. P.Office sent me to the pub which was closed...went to the one next door to it; woman there happened to have place for rent...except it was not in Croom as she mentioned, it was approx. 7 miles outside it!
    Anyway, is there a local paper/mag/radio station that would have regular property ads for something like this?
    Also are there parts that are 'des-res' and 'no-go' areas...I know the place is small enough but if I can avoid the most obvious pitfalls that would be great!
    Cheers for any help :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Do you have any transport at all? Croom is a tiny village really. Kylefea is a long established residential area there but I wouldn't image any houses for rent. The only place really I could see anyone renting is the newer Estate as you come off the dual carriageway, Cois Sruthain.

It is a short commute from town on the dual carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

wingnut wrote: »
    Do you have any transport at all? Croom is a tiny village really. Kylefea is a long established residential area there but I wouldn't image any houses for rent. The only place really I could see anyone renting is the newer Estate as you come off the dual carriageway, Cois Sruthain.

It is a short commute from town on the dual carriageway.

I would have to agree with wingnut. Cois Sruthain has a few empty houses so should have some for rent. I would suggest you drive in and have a look. Looks like a nice estate.

Croom is actually a great location transport wise IF you have a car. If you are dependent on public transport then your outa luck.

I have lived in Croom for 7 years and love it but I am about a mile and a half outside the village. (not sure I would like to live in the village).

Having a look around rents appear to have gone up and asking is apparently 600 to 700 a month got a 3 or 4 bed detached....

Best of luck...

Advertisement