Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Fringe Festival

Options
  • 08-07-2013 4:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭

Have to say well done on a huge line up, and very professional (paper and online) programme by the Galway Fringe this year. Something for everyone and a good plan B for Arts Fest tourists. Disclaimer: I know loads of people doing loads of great stuff in this. :) Anyone going to anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,464 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

inisboffin wrote: »
    Have to say well done on a huge line up, and very professional (paper and online) programme by the Galway Fringe this year. Something for everyone and a good plan B for Arts Fest tourists. Disclaimer: I know loads of people doing loads of great stuff in this. :) Anyone going to anything?

Where can we find the printed brochure??

Few of us have being trying to get our hands on it for the last couple of weeks so we wouldn't clash with stuff in the 'official' Arts Fest but couldn't find one.

I'm only on phone but apparently the computer version of the programme was very confusing. Maybe it's updated now. Just goin to check the link. Let you know later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Where can we find the printed brochure??

Few of us have being trying to get our hands on it for the last couple of weeks so we wouldn't clash with stuff in the 'official' Arts Fest but couldn't find one.

I'm only on phone but apparently the computer version of the programme was very confusing. Maybe it's updated now. Just goin to check the link. Let you know later.

I picked one up in town. There's an app too, for iphone anyway. The paper programme is awesome. The box office is apparently at The Bentley, but I don't think it's in operation yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ya the website is/was rubbish, the dates etc just didnt seem to match with the shows.

Got my hands on the printed version today. It's well done alright.
    Some interesting theatre stuff at half the prices or less than the Arts Fest. A lot of lunchtime stuff again this year so I must try and rearrange my sleep pattern in the next week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

I haven't seen the printed brochure yet. Where, in town, can they be found?

• Advertisement

I got mine in Neactains. There weren't many left though unless they restocked. Townhouse or Bently have them as well I think and probably Kellys.

I haven't seen the printed brochure yet. Where, in town, can they be found?

Saw a bunch in The Townhouse yesterday.

I hate saying it, but they are a bit too big!!
    The fact that they won't fit in a pocket/purse/handbag/manbag/ etc easily especially during the current hot spell means a lot of people just look at them and leave them back and probably have forgotten what they have read.

^^^
    Above is just from observing since they appeared.
    Padraigs will have supplies also from today (Mods: I've mentioned everywhere else so I might as well).

I hate saying it, but they are a bit too big!!
    The fact that they won't fit in a pocket/purse/handbag/manbag/ etc easily especially during the current hot spell means a lot of people just look at them and leave them back and probably have forgotten what they have read.

There's something 'advertisey' about this that someone told me but I can't quite remember... I know what you mean about portability but I quite like the size.
    I think it's to do do with the fact that you have to either carry it or read it where you are, and it's backed up by a website. I took one home and circled one for stuff to see. Can't seem to get the app to work properly though.

Maybe. But I picked up a few on Tuesday when I eventually found them but had to spend a lot of yesterday lugging them around till I met various friends who had also been watching out for them to be published. With the weather being so good I had to bring a bag with me as I had no pockets to roll them up in.
    Having said that, two of the people I was keeping them for were doing the same thing LOL so maybe there was method to their madness in delaying publication as they have free distributors goin around town now.
    Off Topic, Keep an eye out for Shay Mouse from the 'official' festival wandering around town. It's a classic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I like the aim of the Fringe Festival- making It possible for Joe Bloggs to be part of a festival and having affordable events.

I have a photography exhibition in Goyas, excited to b part of the festival. I emailed The Galway Arts festival before and didn't even get a reply.

I'll hopefully go to a few events anyway. Unlike the Arts festival you can go to an event on a whim and not have to pay €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

Off chance and it's a big ask, but anyone driving home to Cork after this tonight? I'm a huge Grizzly Bear fan and absolutely sick I'm not going, I'm pretty much ready to jump on a bus right now, but there's no way back tonight. Happy to pay and everything....Probably left this too late.

Jamie Cal wrote: »
    Off chance and it's a big ask, but anyone driving home to Cork after this tonight? I'm a huge Grizzly Bear fan and absolutely sick I'm not going, I'm pretty much ready to jump on a bus right now, but there's no way back tonight. Happy to pay and everything....Probably left this too late.

Pop a message up on the Fringe FB page too maybe. You probably have a couple of hours before your last bus goes to decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

inisboffin wrote: »
    Pop a message up on the Fringe FB page too maybe. You probably have a couple of hours before your last bus goes to decide.

Thanks an Arts Festival event, so maybe their facebook page will have more views on it.

Thanks an Arts Festival event, so maybe their facebook page will have more views on it.

Whoops sorry. I just saw it in the Fringe Thread and assumed...

Advertisement