Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9mth old has Tonsillitis help

Options
  • 08-07-2013 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Would really appreciate any advice, had to bring my 9 month old to doctors for the first time last Friday with a raging temperature 39-40deg and generally miserable, he diagnosed tonsillitis and perscribed augmentin and was given pinaclav at the chemist, they also gave me a probiotic powder sachets to give her one a day. This is my first baby and the first time she has been really sick so would really appreciate any advice in how to make this easier on her, I am still breastfeeding but having to express as unfortunatly back at work, her daddy has her today and tomorrow and my mam is taking her the rest of the week so she in in good hands. She has reverted back to the horrible runny newborn poos, all black/green and extremely runny but I am told this is normal? poor pet had two dirty nappies in the space of 20minutes before I left for work this morning, and over the weekend prob had 5-6 dirty nappies a day. Anything I can do to help this? Also she is eating very little, she ate a bit of banana, half a yogurt and a small amount of butternutsquash risotto last night for me.As she is still taking breastmilk is there anything maybe I could eat that might help her? Also any tips for getting the antibiotic into her, I am currently using the plungers that comes with calpol/nurofen but she hates it and its taking two of us a good 10 minutes to try and get it into her. Sorry for the ramble, stuck here at work just want to be at home with her and very sleep deprived, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭elaney

Sorry to hear about your lo Trishka,

Its very hard when they are sick. I always use little plastic syringes to administer the antibiotic i find them great. I'm sure if you ask at your local pharmacy for them they will give you some. I just let mine eat what they could so long as you keep them hydrated. Hopefully your lo will be better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Hi,
    my little boy suffers from Ear infections and was put on Augmentin about a month ago, he would have been about 9 months too. His nappies were so so bad and one morning he had four really bad so I went into the chemist beside us to ask was this normal and she sent me to the doctor and the doctor took him off it. Now when he gets them, he is put on Pinamox and he's fine,so it might be worth giving your doctor a call about it?

Also, if I take out the nurofen and syringe, my little mans eyes light up. But we had awful trouble getting his antibiotic into him(wouldn't blame him, its awful) so we put it into a bottle. Lie him down and by the time he realises what it is the few ml's of it are gone! Other than that it would take two of us!

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

Thanks for your replies guys, little woman is over it now thank god, although it took until Tuesday evening for her to start coming around but she bouncing off the walls as normal now, its great to see:D

Advertisement