Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Only works with Ethernet Connection

• 08-07-2013 9:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭

We have eircom broadband Wifi. Generally works without any hassle. I worked online last night, no bother.
    This morning the internet won't work at all on my Laptop. iPads and Smartphones - fine. I troubleshoot etc. When I hover my mouse over the internet conection symbol on the bottom right it says "Internet Connections Available" but on clicking on it nothing appears (normally a list of available connactions would appear. On top of that I've done the usual restart both router and laptop. No joy.
    So I rummage around for an ethernet cable and it works.
    Any advice as to how to get the Wifi going again.

Many Thanks

EDIT: The WiFi setting is on - that's not the issue either

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

P660 is it?(Black, one antenna)

If you're sure the ipad isnt getting it either then its the AP freaking out. Call 1901 and ask them to re-provision your wireless.

Double check other devices cant connect though, as if you see no networks you may have hit the wifi switch on your laptop.

Advertisement