Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online educational software

• 08-07-2013 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am looking for advice. Is there any online software were educators can upload their course material in a kind of timeline?
    E.g. on a per day basis ... like... today we will be using x and y and looking at z
    Ideally it can store course material as well as referenced material from the web and images/ video etc.

I know some educators have blogs etc that they use for course related work and then there are the likes of moodle etc. But they are not really what I am looking for.

Finally, is there any online software that can verify the accuracy of the posted material? I.e. only verified educators can use the system and the information can only go live once it has been verified?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Something like moodle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

yep, but in a website and searchable like google?
    Like a directory of courses and their materials?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moodle will do everything you describe above. :)

Also look at Blackboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭teacherhead

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Moodle will do everything you describe above. :)

Also look at Blackboard.

Edmodo is a free vle which does most of what you want, no hosting needed either, v east to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Edmodo is a free vle which does most of what you want, no hosting needed either, v east to use

Edmundo is good.

You could also just create a googlesites website. That's what I used last dyear. Free and dead easy to use. Just watch a tutorial on youtube to set one up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement